2009 Quick Reviews

Caecius

Doomed Traveler
Sep 30, 2007
Colorado
I know it's early but just post any reviews of albums released in 2009.

For Example:

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos (9) Then one or two sentences about it.

You can set it up however, but keep it short.

My list so far (outta 10, 10 being the best)

2009 Quick Reviews

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos (9)
Colosseum - Chapter II Numquam (8)
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave (8)
Seance - Awakening of the Gods (7)
Iron Fire - To The Grave (7)
Grave Digger - Ballads of a Hangman (6)
Saxon - Into The Labyrinth (6)
Vreid - Milorg (6)
Sirenia - The 13th Floor (5)
Doro - Fear No Evil (5)
Emergency Gate - Rewake (5)
Sepultura - A-Lex (5)

Kreator - Hordes Of Chaos (8)
Grave Digger - Ballads Of A Hangman (7.5)
Iron Fire - To The Grave (7.5)
Dark Moor - Autumnal (6.5)

2009 Quick Reviews

Kreator - Hordes of Chaos (9)
Colosseum - Chapter II Numquam (8)
Napalm Death - Time Waits For No Slave (8)
Seance - Awakening of the Gods (7)
Iron Fire - To The Grave (7)
Grave Digger - Ballads of a Hangman (6)
Saxon - Into The Labyrinth (6)
Vreid - Milorg (6)
Sirenia - The 13th Floor (5)
Doro - Fear No Evil (5)
Emergency Gate - Rewake (5)
Sepultura - A-Lex (5)

Christ, I haven't even listened to this many albums from 2008.

I hope the new Grave Digger is awesome again, 'Liberty or Death' was..boring. I love the title track of the new one, and so does anyone else who likes heavy metal.

The new Dark Moor sounds about like they've ran out of steam tbh. At least if I were to judge from the new single, pretty weak.

oh, that new Sirenia song sounds like complete butt too, but all the metalheads will secretly buy it and then go online and make chauvinistic comments all over the singer while talking about how much the album sucks.

How does that necessarily correlate with what I was referencing in any way? I bought like 50 albums from the year 2008 :p I was saying that Grant sucks because he apparently couldn't even find 10 things to like enough to listen to from 2008.

How does that necessarily correlate with what I was referencing in any way?

I was making a jab at you because I always thought you were an mp3 warrior but apparently you're not. I don't even have money to buy ten albums a year. Well, I would if I didn't spend it on beer.

:p yeah recently Nec and I compared how many 2008 albums/releases we owned, I think I clocked out 15 under him or something :lol:

Anyway so uh...if you don't like people who download music (apparently?) and don't buy 10 albums a year um...how do you...like music?

Anyway so uh...if you don't like people who download music (apparently?) and don't buy 10 albums a year um...how do you...like music?

There were times in the past when I actually had the money to spend. Most of the albums I own were acquired years ago. I don't abstain from downloading music. I have a decent amount of albums on my comp but I try to buy whatever I like the best out of the stuff I download. I just don't like people who download like a thousand albums but never buy anything.

The thread starter is a perfect example of when showing what you listen to becomes more important than actually listening to it.

Note: this would have been said in a more biting and witty phrasing if I wasn't really tired and about to go to sleep.

The only albums of 2008 that I've listened to are the new albums from Fen and Vreid. I didn't really care for either, though that mostly has to do with the style of music - not exactly the kind of black metal I'd listen to.

And though I've mentioned this before on UM, the production values on that Vreid album are absolutely atrocious! Everything is produced far too loud for it's own good, and it sounds like the album was run through an EQ to give it more clarity and like an extra layer of unnatural sounding bass. :erk:

How does that necessarily correlate with what I was referencing in any way? I bought like 50 albums from the year 2008 :p I was saying that Grant sucks because he apparently couldn't even find 10 things to like enough to listen to from 2008.

What if I'm just more interested in all the other years of music before that, because it's much easier to find extraordinary artists when looking further back?

I have a decent amount of albums on my comp but I try to buy whatever I like the best out of the stuff I download. I just don't like people who download like a thousand albums but never buy anything.

I'm with you on this.

So, when does the new Napalm Death come out or has it already hit the shelves? I'm not going to listen to it until it's actually been released.

So, when does the new Napalm Death come out or has it already hit the shelves? I'm not going to listen to it until it's actually been released.

23rd.

On a similar note, should I buy firstpress Scum (MOSH 3 CD - 87/94)? Like, is it really all that rare? Because I don't care much about ND, but if it's rare I'd buy it because it's being sold for nothing on Aukro now.

I think it's pretty rare. I'm not sure. If you don't really care too much about ND than why not just get the 20th Anniversary Edition?

Nah I don't want it. And it would be more expensive at this point anyway. The Earache 1stpress is for 300CZK on aukro while regular new cds are being sold for 400CZK around here.