2010 BAND SIGNING POLL RESULTS

WHICH ARTIST/SONG DID YOU LIKE THE BEST ON S.H.O.P.P. #57

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't you think that maybe there were many accounts from the same IP adress, simply because in every house there are many people who live in common, and usually, they are many to use the same computer?

If a person vote, and so does his brother, and so does his sister, and so do their parents, and if they all live under the same roof... We have 5 votes coming from the same IP address.

Plus, I've seen that every band carrefully asked everyone not to cheat. If people have done so despite that, I don't think the bands should be punished for that.

Anyway, that's only my opinion, and I truly think that the top two bands have deserved to win this. Otherwise, if you really want to make it fair, it would have been even better (if one vote per IP address is accepted) to simply remove unnecessary votes, and retain only one vote per IP. Thus, all the bands would not be disadvantaged by all this. Even if finally it's not Sinaside and Greensleeves who win this, it will be two other groups who deserve it just as much.

Flittermouse

well how many people live in one house in your area? 10-20? these are the numbers we saw on a few IP address'. Sharing the same internet connection is not the same as sharing the same computer, and if we're being dead serious here, brothers and sisters and mothers and fathers, rarely like the same music. I agree it is unfair that the bands that won this poll can't claim they actually won it, sad to say, that the very people that love them the most, hurt their chances of being able to claim they won.
Still all these bands are winners, and all of them are being offered some sort of a deal out of this, if they choose to take the deal, then you will see them out on Nightmare in the future, if they choose not too, then you won't, pretty simple.

Lance/Nightmare Records, I just want to say that it is/was very cool that you decided to get input on whom to sign next; even though there was issues with the poll. I joined this forum just recently and was did not know that voting had been set up. All bands involved sound great. I do not know whom I would have finally gone with, as four of the ten were equally pleasing to my ears.

A few quick questions, how did you come in contact with all ten bands? Did you find them or did they come to you/the label? Were there more than the ten you presented to us?

Lance/Nightmare Records, I just want to say that it is/was very cool that you decided to get input on whom to sign next; even though there was issues with the poll. I joined this forum just recently and was did not know that voting had been set up. All bands involved sound great. I do not know whom I would have finally gone with, as four of the ten were equally pleasing to my ears.

A few quick questions, how did you come in contact with all ten bands? Did you find them or did they come to you/the label? Were there more than the ten you presented to us?

these were ten promo packages I opened up the week before I put my radio show together and thought up this idea for a poll. They came to Nightmare.
I have unfortunately too many bands and too little time to hear them all.
I do my very best and unfortunately I miss some really great ones because of this. I would recommend to bands a better way to get my attention is not to send me physical CD promo's until I ask for them. I would get my attention by giving me a link to a myspace or website that streams your music. Or if you have a song you absolutely don't want to put up yet, but feel it's good enough to get you a deal, then message me through the contact form at Nightmare and I'll give you an email address to send it too.