2010 BAND SIGNING POLL RESULTS

WHICH ARTIST/SONG DID YOU LIKE THE BEST ON S.H.O.P.P. #57

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I must confess I quite liked Forest Majesty. I didn't think there was much Danish Heavy Metal which was worthwhile, but I just might change my mind... Anyway, my vote just went to Seven Thorns.

Very hard to decide among all the great choices. bands...great job by all of you. Even though only 2 will win the contract, you've all won some valuable new fans and all the tunes were great. I'm not gonna say who I liked best (running a station, I play all the bands involved), but I just wanted to pass on that you all were great and that anyone who wants to catch the show one more time (even though voting is closed), THE SHOPP #57, with the battle is now posted to our podcast. You can check it out here:

PURE ROCK RADIO Originals - Encore Content

All future episodes of THE SHOPP will now be posted to our Podcast for those who miss the show when it airs on their favorite station/affiliate of the show.

\m/ \m/

Firstly I'd like to say thank you to all the bands for wanting to be part of the Nightmare family, it's a compliment to have so many great bands wanting to be with Nightmare!

Secondly, I want to thank all the bands, fans and people that took time to be a part of this poll. I appreciate your voting and listening in to my last weeks show on The S.H.O.P.P. #57, or tracking these bands down online and listening.

Thirdly.... the reason I haven't announced to bands and fans which band has won this Poll is simply because I am perplexed by a problem we had in the voting.

I thought when I set this up, that there couldn't be an issue with voting because each user would only be allowed to vote one time. I should have known; where there is a will, there is a way. And the fans of some of these fine bands found a way to vote several times over. This, doesn't "necessarily" mean the bands cheated, but it does mean the Poll didn't work as it was intended.

This said, I'm left only one real recourse and that is to call the Poll invalid and choose bands based on what we know to be real votes.

What I can say is that if a band does not get a Licensing deal out of this, we likely will offer the band a distribution deal, both are great deals and will give the bands some wonderful opportunities to get their music out to the world.

Interested bands should get in touch with me via the email address
I informed them about the POLL initially. I won't be tracking down bands for this, I'm looking for bands that are self motivated.

With all of the effort to go through to organize, put together, and then finally play the bands that were on this poll, to only have the results invalidated, is quite frustrating.

The silver lining is, people are passionate about metal and people are über excited as to what the next new NIGHTMARE artist will be.

this offer is a good one,and I understand why the votes were invalid.Lance ,make us an offer we are interested!
fred guitar in TOXXIC TOYZ.

Don't you think that maybe there were many accounts from the same IP adress, simply because in every house there are many people who live in common, and usually, they are many to use the same computer?

If a person vote, and so does his brother, and so does his sister, and so do their parents, and if they all live under the same roof... We have 5 votes coming from the same IP address.

Plus, I've seen that every band carrefully asked everyone not to cheat. If people have done so despite that, I don't think the bands should be punished for that.

Anyway, that's only my opinion, and I truly think that the top two bands have deserved to win this. Otherwise, if you really want to make it fair, it would have been even better (if one vote per IP address is accepted) to simply remove unnecessary votes, and retain only one vote per IP. Thus, all the bands would not be disadvantaged by all this. Even if finally it's not Sinaside and Greensleeves who win this, it will be two other groups who deserve it just as much.

Flittermouse

If a person vote, and so does his brother, and so does his sister, and so do their parents, and if they all live under the same roof... We have 5 votes coming from the same IP address.

I disagree... my father, mother, brothers or sisters, aren't interested in the music I am; and, in case they were, i think is doubtful that everyone likes the same band on the poll, and each one of us registered an account to only vote for that (too many people with only 1 message saying "this band rules!!"). I think is clear. Unfortunately, it's been proved along that polls like this on the internet aren't working at all because the fans.