2011 Music

Hell-Human-Remains-300x300.jpg

37859_portrait_crimen_laesae_majestatis_divinae.jpg

autopsy_macabre_eternal.jpg

folder.png

Sabbat++%25282011%2529+by+AFM.jpg

Negative Plane is up there...still need to hear the new Deceased....need to give the new Argus more spins. A decent year.

Last edited by a moderator:
And by the looks of things not only this album, sounds like growls are history when it comes to Opeth. :(

"The frontman also said that he’s been tired of “extreme metal” since the 90s, but could not explain why. At this point in time, as far as Opeth is concerned, the death metal sound is over."

I guess it had to end someday. We will see how it goes from here.

Mike: Your vocal chords must really take a beating on tour, Mikael. Going from screaming to harmonizing melodically must take its toll on you. Do you have any tricks for keeping your vocals fresh when you tour heavily?

Mikael: No, not really. It does take its toll though. I’ve been having some problems or something with my screaming lately. That might be because I’m not as super-interested in it as I once was when I was younger. With that said, we did a show just the other day at the Bonnaroo Festival and it was pretty rocking, I think. It’s sounded pretty cool playing our set there. So I don’t think I try anything to keep my voice in shape, really. I’m more wary about not being able to deliver the clean vocals. I don’t want to lose that. I want to be able to hit all of the smooth notes, and I don’t want to lose the ability to do that harmonizing. The screaming thing I have been doing for such a long time now, I don’t think I can take it much further. I don’t really enjoy it as much as I used to, but that’s just me right now.

http://www.lithiummagazine.com/interview-mikael-åkerfeldt-opeth-june-13th-2011

New In Flames is so terrible that even me can't find anything good to say about it.

Maybe "it has solos". But it is still shit. So much shit.

Seriously?
After hearing the first two songs I'm so hooked.
Very strong chorusses, very good production, improved vocals...
Nothing bad about this so far.
In fact, I'm going out right now to buy this cd!

Seriously?
After hearing the first two songs I'm so hooked.
Very strong chorusses, very good production, improved vocals...
Nothing bad about this so far.
In fact, I'm going out right now to buy this cd!

I'm quite serious.

I actually liked "Liberation", even tough it sounded nothing like I expected, but "Deliver s" just.. hurts. When he sings really clean, as in "Liberation", it sounds way better, true. But he mostly does this weird hybrid thing between a whine and a yell, which does not go well with me at all. I like Anders vocals, especially on reroute to remain for some reason, and to me this is way weaker.

And he cut off his hair! That's not right! :D

I'm quite serious.

I actually liked "Liberation", even tough it sounded nothing like I expected, but "Deliver s" just.. hurts. When he sings really clean, as in "Liberation", it sounds way better, true. But he mostly does this weird hybrid thing between a whine and a yell, which does not go well with me at all. I like Anders vocals, especially on reroute to remain for some reason, and to me this is way weaker.

And he cut off his hair! That's not right! :D

Hehe okay, ah well, I like the "honesty" in his vocals. It sounds very emotional to me most of the time. And I just love the songwriting by In Flames. They're a band that makes me wonder with every new song how cool it will be.
There's a lot of talk of how they suck nowadays, but were amaziang back in the day, but I like them in pretty much every period (from Jesters Race on), with my favorite being Soundtrack to My Escape, which is a depression masterpiece with many emotional highlights

^that's true. My favorite is actually reroute to remain, despite the production troubles. They have so many amazing songs. Maybe that's why I'm disappointed.

517klToH6yL.jpg

Almost to the halfway point of this massive metal bible. It's not music, but definitely the best thing media-wise released this year if you're a metalhead into the old days or crave more information about the old black/death metal scene and the like.

Buy this book and burn your Lords Of Chaos.

I threw my copy away in 02 after my friend at the time who had an obsession with Varg, masturbated on one of his pictures in the book and gave it back to me. I opened it before throwing it away and some kid in my class came over and rubbed the paper thinking there was just something wrong with the inking...lol.

Meh, the In Flames album is pretty cool, but I miss the songs that really, REALLY stand out. There's great songs and nice riffs, and especially very good production, but I miss the peaking moments a bit.

I have a hard time understanding why some bands don't challenge themselves more. Isn't it like they listen to their own music and think "hmm, this isn't really special, lets change things up"? Or are they too close to really discern?