Black sessions: Wait Outside .. new direction?

I loved that song "Wait Outside" released only on the special DVD box set..

its very very Tool/ A perfect Circle but its Katatonia inside it all, I think its a great direction for them to follow and one that could be a big break for Katatonia..

I think Katatonia need just one thing.. Clarity.. in their vocals.. Jonas has improved a lot since Discouraged Ones (a fantastic album, but unless you know the words its hard to hear some of them).. For some of us we have listened and loved the words by looking into them, but to make it you need the listener to be able to grasp the concept upon a few listens. That doesn't mean go all commercial, it just means tighten production wise.. And Viva Emptyness really was a big improvement on production so I am sure they realise this.

Just one thing....

PLEASE KATATONIA bring back the melodies!!!!! Anders get ya axe on and resonate me to sleep again!!

i still listen to LFDGD like it was their last album and Viva as a sort of some odd departureadd on..?

tonights Music.. that ws so well played on the DVD.. along with The Future of Speech..

I have no lies or truth in what I say
there is no meaning
the words are numb and I am so afraid
there is no meaning

Ander sings so well as backup on that song

I've played the live DVD to people and they love it.. I think its because its all less Anal than the albums..

Her own Pride said:
its very very Tool/ A perfect Circle but its Katatonia inside it all, I think its a great direction for them to follow and one that could be a big break for Katatonia..
IMO "Wait outside" could have also been released on Viva Emptiness... It's build up in the tradition of "Evidence" and has also a quite complex clean part in the middle/end of the song... I don't think this song sounds like APC or Tool!
IMO Jonas sings quite clear... I understand most on Discouraged Ones without the booklet...

i think the vocals came naturally on Discouraged Ones....and it also helps to the pale atmosphere....it was a very smart way to hide to weak voice Jonas had then.....i actually love it
Wait outside is a wonderful song....i hope the new album will sound like that....with some more melodic riffs in it of course:)

To get the vocals a little clearer wouldn't be a stupid idea. Its not really a problem, but anyway. I wouldn't want Katatonia to sound more like they do on Wait outside, though it is a good song. I agree with adding more melodies, but hope that they still move foward instead of backwards. We don't really need another LFDGD.

I totally agree that they must move fowared, I just feel that their sound was lost a little bit on Viva, I dont want another LFDGD (that album was perfect as it was) but to integrate the guitar sound back into the style, to create captivation and hook lines, I feel would be a good idea..

of course it's their music and they will do what they damb well want to, and that is why i love Katatonia

I hope they don't look back at LFDGD anymore, they can do so much better: they can be heavier and deeper in the same time (viva emptiness) and I hope that their direction follows this tracks.

Wait outside is similar to what was in VE, it's not something new.
I'm sure they wont turn back. LFDGD is great but Katatonia2005 are a better band,I think