DO, TD, LFGD.. now VE, TGCD... and next??

strangedays

Aug 21, 2003
Visit site
Ok what am I on.. basically I loved DO, TD and LFDGD, that was KAtatonia sound redefined, clean vocals etc.. so now I feel they need to come up with LFDGD version of the new VE/TGCD sound, a couple of "Tonights Music" melodies and thats what will make them big, I loved this album, I don't think it will do it, as great as it is, its a perfection not a creation of their new direction since VE.

Don't get me wrong I love it but it just hasn't got those classic songs, I listen to tonights music now and it blows me away still it really was a classic..

uh but who cares, I always get to this point and just love katatonia for who they are which is a fantastic influence on my music.. and thats what makes a true artist.

Of course we all want Katatonia to do well, but is it really being big such an important goal?

I don't agree. Katatonia should not repeat itself, doesn't matter if it's with a new sound or not. Katatonia is improving with each album. and each album has it's own unique feeling, why do it over? Suppose that they recorded an album like Tonight's Decision or LFDG or even DO , then what's going to happen? Maybe you will really like the album. Then what? Will you feel the same when you listen to the older one? That album will eventually lose it's speciality, uniqueness. You say that you love "Tonight's Music", everyone feels the same way. I love it too. But I don't want another song with the same feeling or similar riffs to Tonight's Music. The reason you are naming one particular song "Tonight's Music" is because it's the only one.. Every song, and every album is just like that too.. I guess That's the way it should be.

imo TGCD slays LFDGD in every aspect and is a logical continuation of the VE sound. VE is still the unmatched masterpiece, but TGCD is not far behind. i'm curious in which direction the guys will head on the next release

Well i don't think VE is a masterpiece.In my opinion it is the worst katatonia album ever,but it is a good album so i like it too.And i dont see a logical continuation.I think TGCD has a sound between VE and TD.And it is sure that noone want a copycat album but they are the listeners if they dont like like something they are free to say it and free to buy the album or not.It is a matter of taste i think..

m0rtis said:
I don't agree. Katatonia should not repeat itself, doesn't matter if it's with a new sound or not. Katatonia is improving with each album. and each album has it's own unique feeling, why do it over? Suppose that they recorded an album like Tonight's Decision or LFDG or even DO , then what's going to happen? Maybe you will really like the album. Then what? Will you feel the same when you listen to the older one? That album will eventually lose it's speciality, uniqueness. You say that you love "Tonight's Music", everyone feels the same way. I love it too. But I don't want another song with the same feeling or similar riffs to Tonight's Music. The reason you are naming one particular song "Tonight's Music" is because it's the only one.. Every song, and every album is just like that too.. I guess That's the way it should be.
And that's the end of the thread;)

Personally, I didn't like VE all that much, it had some good songs on it, but just not what I would call a masterpiece. The "masterpiece" for Katatonia's new sound would probably be Discouraged Ones for me...but that is the point of music, to each his own.

I agree with Keltoi, for me VE is the least good album (that doesn't make it bad! not at all), and DO prolly the best.

and nxt....? u can speculate and make threads about it ... I think that even Katatonia doesnt know what the hell the nxt album is gonna sound like...
whats the point?