Is new Katatonia possible in 2012?

FlawedCoil82

Oct 14, 2009
Troy, Ohio
www.myspace.com
Does anyone perhaps close to the band members know if Katatonia will possibly try to record/release a new album in 2012? Looking at past release dates, it appears that they give an average of 3 or so years in between albums. I can't wait to hear some more new stuff. NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY is still the last flawless album I purchased by any band and nothing else has come close to it since. I need more Katatonia!! :loco: I recently just purchased the reissue of LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN since I didn't have it yet (along with the rereleases of NITND, DISCOURAGED ONES and TONIGHT'S DECISION...still waiting for those to arrive). I am enjoying LFDGD more than I thought I would, but I still much prefer Jonas's soothing/hypnotic vocal style on THE GREAT COLD DISTANCE and NITND over how he sounds on this record. I really want to own VIVA EMPTINESS as well (but I am waiting for a version of that album that includes "Wait Outside" on it). Plus I really hope that they will rerelease TGCD with "Dissolving Bonds", "Displaced", "Code Against The Code" and "Unfurl" all included.

Katatonia has spoiled so many other bands for me recently. I also can't find any other bands who come close to perfectly mixing all the elements that I hear in Katatonia. They are right up there with Tool, because their songs never get old and I can listen to them over and over. I've tried to find other bands who have the same flawless style as Katatonia and who appeal to me as much as they do, but I have had very little success. So I am starving for some new Katatonia material and truly hope that there is some new material coming soon.

They'd have to stop touring first...but they unfortunately like to drag that out for as long as they can. I also wouldn't be surprised if another Bloodbath album is next on their agenda instead....which will delay a new Katatonia album even longer. Who knows though.

You really need to get over official releases having all the tracks from the sessions. It's kind of retarded and with the amount you talk about it, it makes me think you have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder.

I understand the need to hear and own all the songs from the album sessions and wanting them together on a disc for convenience, because that's how I am too...but that's what burning CDRs is for. You can place the songs on your Ipod however you want too. What do I care if for example "Unfurl" isn't on an official copy of The Great Cold Distance CD? I have the song on the July CD single and can burn a CDR with the song at the end of the album as a "bonus track". That basically gives you the freedom to make your own tracklisting...instead of waiting for a record company to do it.

You really need to get over official releases having all the tracks from the sessions. It's kind of retarded and with the amount you talk about it, it makes me think you have some sort of obsessive compulsive disorder.

The hell you say! :eek: Me, who makes sure all of my albums are put in alphabetical order and tries to put all my cds rightside-up in their case's disc trays, has obsessive compulsive disorder?! No... :err: I do have all the b-sides together on cd-r versions of the albums, but it just isn't near as satisfying as having them all in an official package with all the lyrics/art included. And now that versions of all their albums (except VE and TGCD) are readily available for purchase with all their b-sides included, it makes those two remaining albums feel lesser than the rest (I still own the retail version of TGCD but it doesn't get played anymore since I now only listen to the burned cd-r with the bsides). I want to be able to have the entire (clean vocal era) of Katatonia on six (seven if you count the bonus disc of LFDGD) complete, officially licensed/pressed discs with nothing missing (although I can survive without the remixes). And yes, I am aware that I am (apparently) in the extreme minority when it comes to how I like to see albums released. Although, I am only this way with my top favorite bands, where I know I can listen through every album without having to skip a single song.

Nonetheless, I sure hope that wouldn't be true about Bloodbath. I have tried many times to find something appealing about them, but it just isn't happening.

The guys have said quite a few times that they dont write when touring so I'll guess we'll know when they begin to do the next one when we see a long gap in the tour dates?

Nonetheless, I sure hope that wouldn't be true about Bloodbath. I have tried many times to find something appealing about them, but it just isn't happening.

Looking at the bands you list in your sig it is not surprising that you cannot get to grips with bloodbath. They seem to be quite a bit far removed from your usual taste in bands.

Bloodbath are truly an amazing band tho. Breeding Death is an awesome song and is 1 of my favourites.