Bands Like Katatonia

Jan 29, 2007
I have been searching for bands similar to Katatonia yet I have failed to find any. I know Katatonia is not exactly like any other band and they have their own identity. Besides Opeth what are some other bands that are similar to Katatonia in both the music and vocals.

P.S. Where can I pick up a new copy of Tonight's Decision?

monokromia,the loveless,rapture,novembre,my dying bride,antimatter,radiohead,

Still I can hardly imagine how a Katatonia liker could ever like monokramia...
They're really not trying to make their own music, they steal the band-name, albumcovers, guitarsounds and the songs are not half as good as those by the actual Katatonia... It's a rediculous rip-off...

The Loveless, (if you haven't listened to them, do it now!), Blazing Eternity, Rapture, Rainshadow (very good also, got their debut album coming out soon), Rapture, Fragile Hollow. Think that may be it. This are all bands that I think share Katatonia's guitar style, and, more often than not, mood.

in addition to the bands mentioned above i'd say Forgotten Tomb and Daylight Dies are quite similar to 'old' Katatonia. concerning the 'new' Katatonia i recommend Klimt 1918

Katatonia is definately one of a kind. No other bands like them out there. Seriously.

Edit: Ok. Checked out Monokromia. They do sound quite a lot like Katatonia did on DO and TD

Check out Saturnus....Not a carbon copy of Katatonia, but some of their songs do have a Katatonia influence, such as Murky Waters/Empty Handed and Drown My sorrow.

in addition to the bands mentioned above i'd say Forgotten Tomb and Daylight Dies are quite similar to 'old' Katatonia. concerning the 'new' Katatonia i recommend Klimt 1918

Daylight Dies' "Dismantling Devotion" kinda sounds like BMD-era Katatonia with the slick production of TGCD.

Check out older Anathema too.

Rapture,Sentenced,Charon,Anathema,My Dying Bride,Blazing Eternity,MONOKRAMIA...Monokramia can be a rip off I don't care cos it's like TD and TD is the album of my life...If you love TD you must check them.The only thing that disturbs me about them is the pronounciation...