next katatonia album

yes and it'll be their last record until the nextone comes out.

btw, just had a nice thought: maybe its taking so long because they dont want to give us the "thrill of waiting" and by that I mean the waiting when we know the release date. Maybe they'll just come here one nice sunny day and say that the record is coming to the stores tomorrow or something :D and then there will be the mega dvd release with millions of bonus material oadrgogij

Well, if this thread had been named The Next FUCKING Katatonia album, THEN they would probably answer. Cause that's the last thread they answered...something with fucking in it. Yes, follow me on this.

We have to be strict with these guys..they're kinda dreamy and don't respond well to vague or partly concise questions...or concise questions...you have to say "where the FUCK is that album?!" or "how FUCKING far have you come?!" or "what the FUCK are you up to these days?!"

Yes, if you read this this you wankers, these are the questions that needs to be fucking answered.
And I say this in a nicest possible way...;)

yours sincerely..
Da moose

February 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Nightmare_Heaven
April Ethereal

Out of interest, I wonder what colour scheme the album will have? By that I mean like, TGCD was all red, BMD was purple-ish, Tonight's Decision blue and Discouraged Ones was all oranges and yellows. Maybe the next one will be green? White? either way I can't wait to see the artwork.
Maybe we'll ask to Travis Smith (if he works for new Katatonia album cover) :))

In their "News" page you can read that their contract is ending with the next 8th cd, I was wondering.. What happens after that? New contract with some other guys? Alot of changes? Small/no changes? Gah, confused! :cry:

Well.. either they get a new deal with Peaceville or they wander to a new label..

but I don't think that would "change" a lot despite what's written on the CDs..

In their "News" page you can read that their contract is ending with the next 8th cd, I was wondering.. What happens after that? New contract with some other guys? Alot of changes? Small/no changes? Gah, confused! :cry:

i hope for a tour with Madder Mortem as long as they're on Peaceville. they could take The Provenance too

A while back I said that I wanted Steven Wilson to produce Katatonias next album and when looking at some SW interviews I found this one from november last year where SW says that he wants to produce Katatonia and they have talked about it. I hope they do it.

http://www.hardsoundtv.com/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=26&task=videodirectlink&id=13

I think that this discussion will never end. I like the idea of Steven producing the album because he would probably get the best out of the band. With that said, I just hope that he does not really put any of his musical touches into the band like he did with Opeth.

I love everything that Steven creates, but I want Katatonia to strictly be Katatonia. I would really not want to hear Steven sing on one of their albums because I think Jonas can truly stand alone with maybe Anders doing backing vocals.

Ha, it almost sounds like I am shitting on Steven, but I am just stating how I feel about this because Steven is an amazing musician and his vocals on Bleak are amazing as well as the other Opeth tracks he did some vocals for.

This has always been my fear about him doing a Katatonia album, but if the boys feel like it would help certain tracks better if Steven brought his musical genius into some tracks and not just his production genius, more power to them. Maybe I would hear a track and think that it was the greatest idea to have Steven bring something to the music, haha.

I had a dream last night. I got the new album for like 6€. It had almost the same artwork as TGCD and a somewhat similar name but different lyrics.. and included a dvd where they dressed up in loincloths like manowar and hung around the people from mtv wildboyz.
Good thing thatll never happen.