Katatonia at a new record label in the near future?

thedeadwing

Aug 30, 2004
The timeline on the official Hompage says the following:

"1998 - Katatonia signs a 5 album deal with Peaceville Records"

These would be then:

1 - Tonight's Decision
2 - Last Fair Deal Gone Down
3 - Viva Emptiness
4 - The upcoming Compilation this winter (if it counts too)
5 - Next Album (i hope not the end of the Katatonia history :confused: )

Plus MCD releases, but I don' think they matter in this contract.

Means this, that Katatonia is changing their record company soon, after they release their next album. Are the happy with each other? (Record company with success and Katatonia with their support) I'm just curious.

Maybe Peacevile will renew their contract after the fifth album.

Does anyone know how successful Katatonia are....in terms of popularity(Record sales?)

I'm sort of hoping for a change. It seems that it's been Peaceville holding Katatonia back from playing in the United States, as they're notorious for being a label which doesn't like to fund overseas touring. I would like nothing more than to see Katatonia do a U.S. tour (and they've said they want to, as well), but they need a label that will facilitate that financially. If Peaceville won't, then I would say good riddance if the next album is the last one on that label.

As long as they continue making great music I don't really care... On which label is not so important (at least for me). I hope this don't even means a break, but splitting up would be even worse...

thedeadwing said:
I hope this don't even means a break, but splitting up would be even worse...
Stop, in the name of love...!
Not too long ago, we already had a hysteria going on about a possible split up. ;)

my dying groom said:
Stop, in the name of love...!
Not too long ago, we already had a hysteria going on about a possible split up. ;)

Sorry, sometimes i see things too black... :D Don't wanted to spread rumours if someone saw it like this.