A couple Katatonia CD reissues coming soon...

on the topic of 5.1 releases of katatonia albums:
i thought there was a 5.1 release of TGCD. I never got it because i dont agree with the whole "hey buy our new album the day it is released. even better preorder it! We already know - but dont tell you yet - that we are releasing a 5.1 version in 2 month" thing. i dont want to blame the band, because its mainly influenced from the label i guess, doesnt change that its an unsatisfactory rage-inducing shitty move.

edit:
does anybody own this and can write a few lines if its worth to get? :p
[ame]http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000MM1FS2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF[/ame]

on the topic of 5.1 releases of katatonia albums:
i thought there was a 5.1 release of TGCD. I never got it because i dont agree with the whole "hey buy our new album the day it is released. even better preorder it! We already know - but dont tell you yet - that we are releasing a 5.1 version in 2 month" thing. i dont want to blame the band, because its mainly influenced from the label i guess, doesnt change that its an unsatisfactory rage-inducing shitty move.

edit:
does anybody own this and can write a few lines if its worth to get? :p
http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B000MM1FS2/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF

Truth be told as much as I LOVE Katatonia, LOVE TGCD, and LOVE 5.1 mixes, this one doesn't do anything for me. I really don't like the way it was mixed. It doesn't even sound good on a set of Bowers and Wilkins speakers which blew my mind. Hope NITND 5.1 would be mixed by Steven Wilson. That man is a 5.1 mixing fucking genius!

u probably have no idea how u start sounding like the fat kid with his fingers down the candy jar in the grocery store just cuz they're not offering YOU anything special! and thats just the point: just let them have their way to the new fans cuz if someone don't have it (yes there are people who dont have any of these) then can/should get this now. the rest of u, be happy with what u got and proud to have originals.

Spot on!! Classy post...

Hail humanities STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!

Good lordy-lord people can go crazy over nothing...

T-C

Has anyone picked up this "Tour Edition" of NIGHT IS THE NEW DAY yet? If so, are all of the songs on one disc or do the bonus tracks come on a seperate second disc? Also, does the album booklet contain the lyrics to "Ashen" and "Sold Heart"? And finally, is it a digipack or a jewel case release?

All on one disc, booklet contains all lyrics. I've posted previously about the package, only thing different is the cover art and bonus tracks, everything else is the same. Could've been so much better like with the addition of a 5.1 mix but oh well.

Awesome, thank you for the information. I would have appreciated a 5.1 mix as well, but I originally said if they ever rereleased NITND with both "Sold Heart" and "Ashen" on it, that I would buy it, so I will stick to my word. Now if they would only release TGCD with "Code Against The Code" and "Unfurl" along with the other two b-side tracks and throw "Wait Outside" on VIVA EMPTINESS, then I would happily buy those rereleases (along with LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN) so that I could have all of my favorite Katatonia songs (thus far) contained on a "semi-complete" (licensed) four disc collection.