next katatonia album

Blackfield

IWillDieSoon
Jan 30, 2008
Greece
how would you like to sound the next "miracle" of katatonia guys?i would like to listen a mix of tonight's decision and viva emptiness with some keyboards maybe :)...and why not additional female vocals...!anyway i'm sure katatonia will make it again and after the last opeth disapointment:)waah:) i can't w8 anymore!:worship:

ps:sorry 4 my english!

Well if the next album is going to contain anything along the lines of unfurl, I'll be pretty happy.

But don't worry they won't disappoint, that's impossible.

I think its nice how the real hidden gems of the last album (Unfurl, Code Against the Code, and Dissolving Bonds especially) are essentially b-sides. Why not keep it that way? Makes tracking them down so much sweeter when you realise you've found something special. I say this because Dissolving Bonds is one of the most incredible sounds ever to have permeated my eardrums.

That said,....well I don't really know what to say. But i'm sure they'll make the next album nice and varied.

I would love to see a new album containing the vibe found in songs like Unfurl, Code Against The Code, My Twin (Opium Dub), and Soil's Song (Krister Linder 2012 Remix).

I'd like to hear the power of such songs as "Don't Tell A Soul", "Will I Arrive", "Ghost Of The Sun", "July", etc., with a mix of something like "Unfurl" meets "Omerta", with a vibe of that equal to the "Discouraged Ones" album. Energy meeting darkness, as Katatonia knows how to do that right, of course.

dods2copyii9.jpg

Well for the amount of time I put into that, they should make at least one olde song in the style! Haha :)

dods2copyii9.jpg

Well for the amount of time I put into that, they should make at least one olde song in the style! Haha :)

lol it looks almost as good as the original :p

I just want a new album :kickass:, Perhapps they surprise us all and make a all acoustic folk record with pigsqueels and backwards singing!

I want them to do whatever they want, but I do agree about the keyboards. I think a layer of atmospheric keyboards would really add a lot to their sound.

I'm new to this board, and a more recent Katatonia fan (only a year or so now).

I'd like to hear some female vocals, but it's certainly not a necessity. I also agree with the poster who said that they'd like to hear a combo of darkness and energy, a 'July' and 'Omerta' sounding song would be incredible. I'd really just like to hear something different but still Katatonia, if that makes any sense. Something along the lines of the b-sides from The Great Cold Distance is great too. As long as every song on the album doesn't sound the same, but since it hasn't happened thus far I don't expect it to.

Really just anything I'd be happy with and I'd go out and get the album day of the release, I just want new Katatonia!