Good Katatonia Albumn to by?

Mr. Bland

Hey look, its MR BLAND!
Nov 16, 2005
Lancaster, California, USA
Hello, Please allow me to appologize if this has been posted a lot, but...

I am an Opeth fan, and my brother bought Viva Emptiness, and we both thought it was really good. I am now wondering what Katatonia album would be great for me to by next. Like what do you think is their best so far...?

Thanks in advance,
Mr. Bland

well....if your an opeth fan....then I would suggest buying Brave Murder Day.....it has Mike from Opeth singing on it......it is quite different than VIva Emptiness.......

What I suppose you should know is not to judge katatonia by any one release.....they evolve quite dramatically from release to release.....I bought discouraged Ones and threw it on the floor of my car for 6 months because it wasnt all "hardcore" like I was back then......I listened to it when I had grown more and more depressed for 6 months and it didnt come off my CD player for a long time.....

Welcome,
Reece

Cerulean said:
Maybe you should get the 2 compilations. It gives a good overview of their evolution, and you get a DVD with the latest compilation.

I agree. Why not have the best of both worlds?

I ordered Brave Murder Day, it sounds pretty good and well, since Mikes on the vocals, whats not to like? Oh and yeah, i understand Viva Emptiness is different from Brave Murder Day, I like a variety of music, so yeah.

Last Fair Deal Gone Down is their best album IMO. But get the edition with bonus tracks cause it features some tracks that really should have been on this classic album.

For the culmination of their earlier years, I would recommend Brave Murder Day which features Ackerfeld growling - could not have chosen anyone better.