new fan to katatonia

Elgyn

New Metal Member
May 4, 2006
hey i just got into katatonia by listening to viva emptiness nonstop for a while. i was wondering what other MUST HEAR songs/cds they have. i heard some of the new one, and most of last fair deal gone down

lol well im a tad short on caash, i just picked up the new tool and soil, fucking amazing i must add. did jonas' vocals used to be a lot different in earlier albums? my buddy that got me into katatonia said he used to scream/growl. what albums did he do that, and what album did he start singing

Yeah, you can't go wrong with any Katatonia album, unless you have a problem with growled vocals. If you can't tolerate "unclean" vocals than skip DOTDS and BMD...although those albums are highlights to me.

so he only growls in those two albums only? ill still check it out but i never really got into that

Elgyn said:
hey i just got into katatonia by listening to viva emptiness nonstop for a while. i was wondering what other MUST HEAR songs/cds they have. i heard some of the new one, and most of last fair deal gone down

If you got to know them from Viva Emptiness, the last four albums, up to tonights decision are probably what you will stick to. HOWEVER no album beats Brave Murder Day for musical intensity (nevermind the growl, give it a go) or Discouraged Ones for poetry.

welcome to the club