How do you rank Viva Emptiness in the Katatonia discography?

Tonight's Decision
The Great Cold Distance
Viva Emptiness
Discouraged Ones
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Brave Murder Day
Dance of December Souls
Night is The New Day

Sold Heart became one of my fave Kata songs though...

Tonight's Decision
The Great Cold Distance
Viva Emptiness
Discouraged Ones
Last Fair Deal Gone Down
Brave Murder Day
Dance of December Souls
Night is The New Day

Sold Heart became one of my fave Kata songs though...

Wow you think Night is The New Day is the worst Katatonia album?

Everyone's taste is a little bit different. I would put Viva Emptiness in my top 3, along with Last Fair Deal and TGCD. They're all pretty much interchangeable - I like all the songs and rarely hit the skip button.

I can't really rank the rest of their albums, as I like all of them at different times depending on my mood. The only exception is Brave Murder Day, which I've never been able to get into. (Shocking, I know.) I love "Brave" and "Murder" is OK, but the rest of the album melts together and is over without me ever noticing. I don't think I'd recognize any of the other songs if I heard them played on the radio.

Wow you think Night is The New Day is the worst Katatonia album?

hey come on, his argument is obviously invalid, i mean look at the bottom three

DoDS, BMD at the bottom of anyones list is an absolute abortion of a list, unless it's some sort of crazy backwards list

Anyone's list who doesn't even have LFDGD is an ABOMINATION! Heh, but really to each their own. I don't even listen to the first two records so eat that. HAHAHA! HA?

hey come on, his argument is obviously invalid, i mean look at the bottom three

DoDS, BMD at the bottom of anyones list is an absolute abortion of a list, unless it's some sort of crazy backwards list

God what the fuck is happening to this board?!?!!! You don't even have LFDGD and DO in your fuckin list and you are being a smart ass over my list???

DoDS is a very good album and BMD is also brilliant and I was probably a fanboi of these albums before you even hear the names of them. So plz don't pretend to be a hardcore fan of the brUtalz SHitE of Katatonia... Your list is quite lame to be preaching to the others... Do you even know that LFDGD was chosen to be the best Kata album after a long and tiring series of polls in this board?? Probably not since you can talk about the abortion of my list.

The topic is getting messy but I feel I should throw my oiled and jellied body into the opinionated soup.

'Viva Emptiness' is great basically due to three songs: Evidence, Criminals and Inside the City of Glass. Ok, there are some very good songs also on the album, but really, compared to the rest of the oeuvre they're mostly pretty weak. Then 'TGCD' came out and it was waaaay worse. Here's the true list:

1. LAST FAIR DEAL GONE DOWN
2. Brave Murder Day
3. Tonight's Decision
4. Discouraged Ones
5. Viva Emptiness
6. Night is the New Day
7. The Great Cold Distance
8. Dance of December Souls

^i agree with your opinion on viva emptiness, although i like TGCD.....but i think that's because it was the first album i heard :)

Anyone's list who doesn't even have LFDGD is an ABOMINATION! Heh, but really to each their own. I don't even listen to the first two records so eat that. HAHAHA! HA?

hahaha *shakes fist at sky* (lol pun)

God what the fuck is happening to this board?!?!!! You don't even have LFDGD and DO in your fuckin list and you are being a smart ass over my list???

DoDS is a very good album and BMD is also brilliant and I was probably a fanboi of these albums before you even hear the names of them. So plz don't pretend to be a hardcore fan of the brUtalz SHitE of Katatonia... Your list is quite lame to be preaching to the others... Do you even know that LFDGD was chosen to be the best Kata album after a long and tiring series of polls in this board?? Probably not since you can talk about the abortion of my list.

hahaha! jesus calm down, to each their own right? obviously this is all opinion, i was just kidding around. but i can see how what i put looked serious (the internet is so bad for that), so i apologise

and yes i did know that, i've been lurking on here a very long time :)

i like this thread actually, i've been going through all the katatonia albums again because of it, just started on DO today

^i agree with your opinion on viva emptiness, although i like TGCD.....but i think that's because it was the first album i heard :)

hahaha *shakes fist at sky* (lol pun)

hahaha! jesus calm down, to each their own right? obviously this is all opinion, i was just kidding around. but i can see how what i put looked serious (the internet is so bad for that), so i apologise

and yes i did know that, i've been lurking on here a very long time :)

i like this thread actually, i've been going through all the katatonia albums again because of it, just started on DO today

GOD!! I really thought you're being serious. Yes, of course to each their own...

177061d68e97f5e8457375eke6.jpg

Ha, look at him trying to figure it out. Bet it's not even turned on.

of all lists, i agree with requiem's one most.

as a fan i rank discouraged ones first on the list cause it's the first one i heard, but as a journalist or someone who is more objective it is clearly obvious i would put last fair deal gone down first, as it's the evident peak of the band's discography.

1. discouraged ones
1. last fair deal gone down
1. brave murder day
1. the great cold distance
2. tonight's decision
2. night is the new day
3. viva emptiness
3. dance of december souls

:D

i think im going to move NitND down lower on my list.....i realised the other day the only songs that are going to stick with me are departer and maybe the longest year (like 40% chance).