next katatonia album

I went through a three month period where I forgot this band was even still together. I wonder if they're ever going to release anything and if it will be any good.

Its come to the point where i would be practically ecstatic just to hear an update from the band something along the lines of "we're making progress - one step closer now"

Maybe they'll pull a Radiohead and wait until the very last minute before albumrelease to give us the news. I dunno. Just rambling.

Liljekvist gave a brief update a few weeks back on this thread i think.
Yeah, but there really wasn't any information there. He basically said they were working on it and the album would eventually be out. So yeah... Well, at least they are doing something. But some progress news would be nice.

Fall '09 albums will include Porcupine Tree, Paradise Lost and (eventually) Anathema. I think the new Katatonia album will come after that...

If the new PT album will really be released as a double CD the waiting for the new Kata is not so hard for me.

i hope they make a headliner tour after the release. i also hope they take Madder Mortem with them, because:

1. both bands are on Peaceville
2. both bands release an album in the near future
3. both bands are insanely awesome

Fall '09 albums will include Porcupine Tree, Paradise Lost and (eventually) Anathema. I think the new Katatonia album will come after that...

If the new PT album will really be released as a double CD the waiting for the new Kata is not so hard for me.

+1

Speaking of Anathema... what the fuck is going on with their new album? They are definitely pulling a Katatonia here

I practically have forgotten about Anathema, but not Katatonia.

Yeah, it would suuuuuuure be nice to have some kind of progress report from Katatonia boys. If they want to surprise us with a "sudden" release of course I'll be happy, but it *almost* seems rude and cruel that we loyal fans have to wait so so long and still have no clue when (or even what year!) the next release will come.
Time for another: "Where the Fuck is the next Fucking Great Katatonia Masterpiece? When the Fuck do we get to blow up our fucking speakers with the next Fucking Fuckalistic album from you boys?"

I don't want to die from the flu of swine until my ears get to grace the next CD!!!!!!

Fucking Fuck of a Fuckety Damn.

I've seen my other top 3 bands live so far except for Katatonia (Amon Amarth, Opeth, both twice). I'm trying to patient for new album though...but some kind of update other than 'working on it' would be great.

C'mon Blakkie.. tell us you guys played three songs from a new album on your birthday and then got drunk for 10. Make our little fan heads explode. Or something.

i want the new katatonia album and i want it right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i want it all, i want it all, i want it all and want it now!!!
:headbang:

i hope they make a headliner tour after the release. i also hope they take Madder Mortem with them, because:

1. both bands are on Peaceville
2. both bands release an album in the near future
3. both bands are insanely awesome

Why not add Anathema and/or Novembre to that bill...then bring it over to the US.

Peaceville is nums.