next katatonia album

probably most of you (with Anders on top) will blame me for my words, but in my mind it would be nice to hear some core/emo inspirations on new album. In fact Katatonia is my guide through the world of emotions. And realeasing new album without any new ideas, inspirations is stupid i think.

:puke:

probably most of you (with Anders on top) will blame me for my words, but in my mind it would be nice to hear some core/emo inspirations on new album. In fact Katatonia is my guide through the world of emotions. And realeasing new album without any new ideas, inspirations is stupid i think.

can u tell me a katatonia album without new ideas and inspirations?

I love how kids make up new classifications everyday for music that still fits into the same old basic genres of music that have been around for ages. Rock is still rock, and metal is still metal even if you decide to dress it up in tight little girl pants. On that note please god no.

I say experiment away as long as you don't forget what's actually musical, and lets just forget about classifications altogether. Meaning I don't give a darn what they do so long as it's good.

Lets take it further, rock is metal and metal is rock, whether you like it or not, just that metal is a more in ya face than a lot of rock, but switch all the guitars over to a soft tone and you'll have rock, slap a drum and bass beat underneath and...

well you see my point, its all just fucking music I think is Blueskys point.

If any classification should be made perhaps we should go for an inverse classification.

For example Katatonia is definitly not happy music!

rather think they mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalcore which is quite a difference..

Shite..there's more core?! Quite a lot really. I'm baffled...but not surprised . I should have guessed it. Ishkur should make a metal version of this http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

But yes, thanks Lisra. It's good that you are on your toes.

And yes, the new classifications are...well, frustrating indeed. All in all I embrace the fun of classifications..even if it's rather futile in many ways.

I'd like them to make a Jazz or Funk album as I have listened lots of funkadelic (or any other George Clinton shit), Miles Davis, steely dan etc. etc. lately and maybe some jazz or funk with katatonic melodies and atmosphere would sound funny.

Hah it's funny to see how people (even me) makes the wishes or the expectations, if i might say, very strange and bizarre as the time goes by and the waiting becomes more and more devastating for new Katatonia album

the direction of the last album would be cool, something along those lines with a touch of older Katatonia would be great. it almost felt like that a little on the last record anyway....

Lets take it further, rock is metal and metal is rock, whether you like it or not, just that metal is a more in ya face than a lot of rock, but switch all the guitars over to a soft tone and you'll have rock, slap a drum and bass beat underneath and...

well you see my point, its all just fucking music I think is Blueskys point.

If any classification should be made perhaps we should go for an inverse classification.

For example Katatonia is definitly not happy music!

Hehe, I totally agree it's 100% about the music, and I've said many times that I hate people defining things in genres. But by hating I actually mean I care about how right it is :p
In other words, it can annoy the crap out of me when people define certain songs/bands in completely wrong genres. Sometimes so bad I want to thrust my head to the table

Hehe, I totally agree it's 100% about the music, and I've said many times that I hate people defining things in genres. But by hating I actually mean I care about how right it is :p
In other words, it can annoy the crap out of me when people define certain songs/bands in completely wrong genres. Sometimes so bad I want to thrust my head to the table

+1

Out of interest, I wonder what colour scheme the album will have? By that I mean like, TGCD was all red, BMD was purple-ish, Tonight's Decision blue and Discouraged Ones was all oranges and yellows. Maybe the next one will be green? White? either way I can't wait to see the artwork.

pleh, I wouldnt be suprised if the said that the next records will be their last or smthng

Pff, get your pessimism elsewhere! This is the katatonia forum for god's sake!
The place of happiness and sunshine and...

oh wait... nevermind

But seriously, you have no reasons to assume that, so please don't. Show a little faith in your favorite (?) bands ;)