Bands Like Katatonia

Yes..Monokromia is absolutely rip-off...but...actually I never heard such a good rip off...vocals are sometimes a little bit gay-ish,but music is PURE Katatonia...really...woth checking out..amazing..

I love Riverside, Novembre and Anathema. great picks for fans of the Katatonia vibe, with a little different subtleties in each. Never liked Radiohead at all.

I could see some of Agalloch fitting in here...

check out,malice in wonderland,amorphis,evereve,feiled,uniklubi,to die for...for my taste these bands would be the closest approach for new katatonia I beleive

I do nót like it when a band takes one band as inspiration... Or better put; Takes the inspirátion of that other band
And uses it for nothing but the things that other band already did.
bwehg

I'm looking into some of these and its proving to be a little difficult to see which songs are more Katatonia like even though some other songs arent, they are good.

checked out monokromia... they do kinda sound like a katatonia rip off but then again... is that bad that more bands are trying to create the amazing sound katatonia has... i think katatonia is the best band on the earth and its almost a shame that there arent many other bands that have a similar sound/style....

btw anyone know how to get monokromias stuff??

i have downloaded monokromia's song "for myself" ...as for my taste it's their best song yet

and they have deleted it from their space already...so if any one wants it just send me a pm

October Rust has a lot to answer for.

Little else of Type O has little else.
October rust is def.their best, but check out Dead Again.
Might be their best yet...i have new found respect for type o now.

Just found a band named sham rain...minus some female vocals they have a katatonia vibe to them. Very gloomy, everyone here should give them a shot

Hard to find a band totally like Katatonia, but if you mean by melancholic, depressive, here are some:
Ablaze In Hatred,The 3rd and the Mortal, Agalloch, Amorphis, Anathema, Antimatter, Antony & the Johnsons, Before The Dawn, Blazing Eternity, David Sylvian, Dawn of Solace, Daylight Dies, Doom:vs, Draconian, Green Carnation, H.I.M, Jeff Buckley, Kent, Lacrimas Profundere, Lacuna Coil, Lake of Tears, Leaves' Eyes, The Loveless, Mew, My Dying Bride, Nortt, Novembers Doom, October Tide, Opeth, Ostara, Paradise Lost, Poisonblack, Saturnus, Saralee, Sentenced, Shape of Despair, Sigur Rós, Sirenia, Slowdive, Slumber, Swallow The Sun, Theatre of Tragedy, This Empty Flow, Tiamat, Type O Negative, Within Temptation... That was just a few :)

Nice list ParadiseLostforever, I think I spotted around 30 bands I really like... cool.

RIPDime05: Yeah, Shamrain are a really cool band from Finland. Their vocalist, Mika, is also in Entwine. So, if you haven't already heard Entwine, check them out.