2011 Music

Opeth
Mikael Akerfeldt/Steven Wilson collaboration
Draconian
Virgin Black (hopefully)
Tool (but I think it may be next year)

Vince: Since you bought the album.. who produced it? Just curious if the guys did it themselves.

Ehh, I watched the dvd on the recording process. They worked together with Roberto Laghi and Anders with a certain vocal producer he always works with. They were all very involved in the entire process, but they did give Roberto the authority to cut the knots so to speak

looking forward to the new dir en grey

which by the singles, probably not going to be better than uroboros

but dude proving to be one of the best harsh vocalists in metal

also the new trivium is actually looking to be a good album

poppy but heh, we listen to katatonia, who has some pretty poppy songs themselves

also waiting for the new Redemption album, and that old silver keys album, new steven wilson (guess no porcupine tree this year) not really looking forward to anything else this year

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not a big fan of female voices (a very few exceptions apart) but the new jenny hval is pretty great:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you embarrass yourself by saying something like that?

FYI...that song is terrible. What's so impressive about some generic metalcore band in the year 2011?

He didn't embarrass himself at all, you just don't like the band he mentioned. He would actually be a bigger poseur to just talk about music that he thinks other people on the forum would approve of, as opposed to admitting what he really likes even though he might get flamed for it.

New My Dying Bride (Barghest O'Whitby) is funereal, dark, cryptic, and at times even aggressive. Serious doooooom here! A far cry from their last 3 full lengths. Some of the riffs call to mind their first few LP's. Nice to hear some growls back, he sound very sinister!