Symphony X - Divine Wings or Tragedy or Twilight in Olympus
Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy
Sabaton - The Art of War
Saxon - Power and the Glory, Denim and Leather

I know they won't happen at ProgPower, but I would love to see:
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Manowar - Kings of Metal
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day

And I know it won't happen anywhere, but I'd give my left nut to see Rush play Hemispheres and Caress of Steel.

I think the genius of the concept of a band playing a classic album in its entirety is that it allows a band that has played the festival before to feel fresh, and it motivates people that may be on the fence about attending to actually buy a ticket. In that sense I think the concept should be reserved for returning bands, although I may also include bands that have toured the US before. The trick is to make the fans feel like they are getting something special at the fest. With that in mind, a number of possibilities come to mind:
Blind Guardian-Nightfall
Rhapsody-Symphony
Falconer-s/t (the exception to the rule, I just think that album is so superior compared to everything else they've done)
Gamma Ray-Land of the free or Somewhere out in Space
Therion-Vovin
But there are many more.

I guess it's just me...but concept albums in a live setting make more sense than just playing a disc straight through.

Don't get me wrong...defintely exceptions to that rule pending on if it's perceived as a classic by the majority of fans.

I'm probably in the minority here but I can take or leave concept albums. Give me 10 standalone kick arse songs, no bullshit. There are a couple of exceptions of course though. I usually find the grandiose nature of the songs and narative sections too pompous. I'd rather much see a bands 'classic album' played live. Eg; Gutter Ballet over Streets.

Pain of Salvation - Perfect Element (yea not happening)
Shadrane - Temporal
Fates - APSOG
Sieges Even - Paramount (Reunion)
Redemption - Fullness of Time
Protest the Hero - Kezia
Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets (I want my childhood innocence back!)
Everwood - The Raven's Nest

This already happened when they toured North America in 2008 or 2009. They played all of The Crimson Idol, with the big screen showing the movie as well. This was killer. Too bad the promised DVD release never happened... :err:

It wouldn't be the first or last time Blackie promised something that never came to fruition. Didn't he once say that the Neon God albums were going to kick all ass over Crimson Idol? Instead, they were pretty mediocre (or at least Part 1 was). Also, wasn't there a promise that the recent tour was going to feature 2 hour shows encapsulating the entire band's history, with a bunch of special effects harkening back to their 80's glory? Instead, they did about 90 minutes or so with absolute nothing special. The only saving grace was that it was a 90 minute show, which was a marathon compared to the band's usual 70 minute outing.

Here are a few I'd love to see:

Iced Earth--The Dark Saga: I think Stu Block would absolutely kill on this one live.
Primal Fear--New Religion: I'm not sure who they could get to pair with Ralph on Every Time it Rains, but it would be awesome to hear this one in its entirety.
Threshold--Hypothetical or Wounded Land: Hypothetical is a better album overall, but it wouldn't sound quite right without Mac. However, watching Damien break out Wounded Land would be great.
Virgin Steele--House of Aertus Parts 1 @ 2: This won't happen, as it would be over two hours long, and VS aren't really headliners, but still one can dream, can't one?
Jag Panzer--Thane to the Throne: An awesome take on the MacBeth story.

It wouldn't be the first or last time Blackie promised something that never came to fruition. Didn't he once say that the Neon God albums were going to kick all ass over Crimson Idol? Instead, they were pretty mediocre (or at least Part 1 was). Also, wasn't there a promise that the recent tour was going to feature 2 hour shows encapsulating the entire band's history, with a bunch of special effects harkening back to their 80's glory? Instead, they did about 90 minutes or so with absolute nothing special. The only saving grace was that it was a 90 minute show, which was a marathon compared to the band's usual 70 minute outing.

Last time I saw WASP they did a 40 minute headline show. I had several friends drive 3 hours for the show (each way). I's never go to one of their shows again unless they just happen to be at a show I was already going to anyway.

Blind Guardian doing "Somewhere Far Beyond" in its entirety. I have complete faith in Nathan making this happen for 2015's Thursday kickoff :D

I'd also like to add

Kamelot - The Black Halo or Poetry for the Poisoned (the latter of which would never happen, but I think it's a great album that's criminally underrated [Wouldn't it be something if somehow Glenn could get Roy to rejoin Kamelot just for one performance?! A guy can dream...])

I'd also like to add

Kamelot - The Black Halo

This!!

orcslayr said:
Poetry for the Poisoned (...)Wouldn't it be something if somehow Glenn could get Roy to rejoin Kamelot just for one performance?!

926.gif

I'd also like to add

Kamelot - The Black Halo or Poetry for the Poisoned (the latter of which would never happen, but I think it's a great album that's criminally underrated [Wouldn't it be something if somehow Glenn could get Roy to rejoin Kamelot just for one performance?! A guy can dream...])

Roy sucked live the last many years they played. That would be a downgrade to get him.

Wait...wat?

(and let me just say that I'm in no way, shape or form bashing Khan. I think he was fantastic when he was in prime shape. One of my favorite singers in studio... saw great shows with him, saw some awful shows with him.)

And if they were ever to reunite with Roy for a show (which I don't think would ever happen), I have a feeling they'd go for a classic album (Black Halo, Karma or Fourth Legacy).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah.. I don't see them doing anything with Khan, permanent or one-off, for quite a while. They went out of their way to accommodate him for a long time..

Maybe if they retire as a band and then do a one off reunion, but they have Tommy now who blows away Khan's performances over the last few years. Why mess with success?

Milton - I had to stick pencils in my ears to get that performance out of my brain, and I am now deaf. Spoiler alert next time, huh? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIKUi4NO91U

Wait...wat?

(and let me just say that I'm in no way, shape or form bashing Khan. I think he was fantastic when he was in prime shape. One of my favorite singers in studio... saw great shows with him, saw some awful shows with him.)

And if they were ever to reunite with Roy for a show (which I don't think would ever happen), I have a feeling they'd go for a classic album (Black Halo, Karma or Fourth Legacy).

Man that hurt. I feel quite badly for him. His prime is so beautiful...but it didn't last forever.