2016 Wishlist

what does it matter if High Roller did? I only have a small amount of High Roller stuff. Nice try.

You'll be selling that CD in a few months anyway when you discover another band no one cares about.

Let's be honest.
There are Plenty of bands where folks will check out if certain labels such as HR, SKR, Stormspell, etc reissue.

I wouldn't say no one cares about em.
They were pretty big locally.

You personally may not.

They were a lot more known locally than others booked for the fest.

Also. Tyrants Reign is a good example.

Before they were reissued by Stormspell how many in the core Rag scene had their self released reissue?

Maybe you and I and a handful more.

Reunions are always hit or miss.

Aftermath , sadly, played to a very empty room. And they killed.

Tyrants Reign , another thrash band of the same time / scene, filled the room.

Barbatos (JPN) - All you have to do is fly out Yasuyuki and find local members to do the rest. I mean, it's fucking Barbatos so those songs are fucking brain-dead easy to play and I know the dudes in Angelust already know half of their discography by heart.

Girlschool - Because, yeah, they are still hot.

Barbatos (JPN) - All you have to do is fly out Yasuyuki and find local members to do the rest. I mean, it's fucking Barbatos so those songs are fucking brain-dead easy to play and I know the dudes in Angelust already know half of their discography by heart.

Girlschool - Because, yeah, they are still hot.

Girlschool is expensive and just played here a few months ago.

Barbatos same thing...one flight from Japan is pricey. I am not a fan of getting the local band to fill in for a key member. Reminds me of Thor and Paul Dianno live.

Girlschool is expensive and just played here a few months ago.

Barbatos same thing...one flight from Japan is pricey. I am not a fan of getting the local band to fill in for a key member. Reminds me of Thor and Paul Dianno live.

One flight from Japan is going to be cheaper than 5 from Germany. And key members? In Barbatos? There aren't any. Yasuyuki does everything himself and just gets session members to fill in. If you wanted to, get Chuck Keller from Ares Kingdom/Order From Chaos to fill in on guitar since he wrote a few tracks back in the day. When Barbatos played Noctis fest a few years ago they just local acts fill in on the other instruments. Fucking Dan from Gatekrashor played bass.

But yeah, I was thinking this could be a decent possibility. There are plenty of wonderful bands in North America that would be great and, obviously, not as difficult or expensive.

One flight from Japan is going to be cheaper than 5 from Germany. And key members? In Barbatos? There aren't any. Yasuyuki does everything himself and just gets session members to fill in. If you wanted to, get Chuck Keller from Ares Kingdom/Order From Chaos to fill in on guitar since he wrote a few tracks back in the day. When Barbatos played Noctis fest a few years ago they just local acts fill in on the other instruments. Fucking Dan from Gatekrashor played bass.

But yeah, I was thinking this could be a decent possibility. There are plenty of wonderful bands in North America that would be great and, obviously, not as difficult or expensive.

it is a lame idea. Why get one member and then locals to play with him. Have you ever seen airfare from Japan?? you may be able to fly in 3 from Germany than 1 from Japan.

Why get one member and then locals to play with him.
Because that is how Barbados operates. Having seen Barbados with a local backing band in Calgary (all friends of mine) I can tell you that the crowd ate it up. Not saying that it would be the best fit for this particular fest, but it has been done before and it totally works. And your estimation about flying three from Germany for one from Japan is WAY off base. It's closer to 1.5:1. Unless the folks booking band flights know something I don't.

Because that is how Barbados operates. Having seen Barbados with a local backing band in Calgary (all friends of mine) I can tell you that the crowd ate it up. Not saying that it would be the best fit for this particular fest, but it has been done before and it totally works. And your estimation about flying three from Germany for one from Japan is WAY off base. It's closer to 1.5:1. Unless the folks booking band flights know something I don't.

The fest was going to do this with an old band a year ago and the general talk of people who knew did not want to see the band in that fashion. Maybe it worked since local friends played but to me it is not the same. Sure a lot of older bands have new members you hired guns but at least they have practiced together. That would be the big issue. You fly in a guy from Japan...you have extra cost of hotels and getting them to and back from practice. Just not worth it for as many other bands are out there to get.