2016 Wishlist

Bob, if someone offered you 10K to eat a fucking pizza at their festival instead of going to one that you've been talking with for a while now, don't tell me that you wouldn't take that deal.

it is different if you claim to be doing this for the "fans" and "metal"...just be honest and come out and say..yeah we are back to cash in. Odin / Mike has proclaimed for now on he isn't booking bands who are in for a cash grab...sure certain bands do charge a fee but they also really want to play as well. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff that people don't know that go on and stuff that makes Odin look like the bad guy on this type of stuff. From seeing it with my own eyes it makes me not like how certain bands do business. Every band will say they are back for the fans....majority as everyone knows are back for money. What is killing festivals / shows are the bands who think they deserve a pay day and only released a small amount of material and cant draw well on their own but think they deserve thousands because they were from the 80's.

Ragnarokkr is a festival for the fans. One of the cool things that all the bands are easy to meet and find at the fest. Steve Grimmet was all over that day he played in both rooms. Nuclear Assault hung out all day on saturday this year. At other festivals most bands are backstage or at the hotel until they play. The festival isn't going to deal with ego's anymore. There are a few bands that people ask for every year. Sadly these bands want over 3 - 5 grand to play...these are not large bands or even popular bands...just bands who think because it is a fest they deserve a huge payout.

Sure the Atrophy thing sucks. I know how long Mike was working on it so to have it snatched away last minute blows huge.

I get that there is more to the story than I know, but to say that they are doing it for the money not the fans seems to imply that Rag fans are somehow more important than MDF fans. From the band's perspective I would imagine it is a decision of playing for fans at one festival that pays a lot or playing for fans at one festival that does not.

I get that there is more to the story than I know, but to say that they are doing it for the money not the fans seems to imply that Rag fans are somehow more important than MDF fans. From the band's perspective I would imagine it is a decision of playing for fans at one festival that pays a lot or playing for fans at one festival that does not.

we are better than MDF fans. HAHAHAHA. Totally...I understand the why's...it sucks being led on for months and to have the carpet pulled out from under you. Literally the past three years Odin has been no them.