2016 Wishlist

Candlemass are one of the most non-boring doom bands ever. Loads of crossover and classic appeal, plus great live performers. Would be an asset to just about any festival lineup. That being said, I've seen em 3 times already and would prefer more bands I haven't already seen. I like the festival policy of booking like one or two doom-oriented bands per year to mix it up a bit. For dooms bands I'd like to see:

Solstice
Atlantean Kodex
Dread Sovreign
Pagan Altar
Solitude Aeturnus
While Heaven Wept
Crypt Sermon
Doomsword
Procession
Magister Templi

All of these bands plus stuff like Funeral Circle, Magic Circle, and more fucking Circles would get my panties in a bundle.

if you want doom....there is sponsorships you can do to get them there....there is actually talk of one doom band this year....Odin and I had a long talk about it...we shall see if it comes through. If so that will be the one doom band this year. There will be some proto metal as well this year.

if you want doom....there is sponsorships you can do to get them there....there is actually talk of one doom band this year....Odin and I had a long talk about it...we shall see if it comes through. If so that will be the one doom band this year. There will be some proto metal as well this year.

I'm a fucking TA. I barely got the money to attend the fest. You think I can fund Pagan Altar? I can put down like $20 tops.

Yep. It made sense. It sold tickets.
A lot cleared out after the Rods tho.

It's all good. Just some dick weeds who came just for them.

Yeah if you don't think Nuc Assault sold tickets, you're mistaken. That said...

1. Like any other festival, the last band on the last day usually has a smaller turnout due to people being tired.

2. While people bought tickets just for them, there were also a number of people who didn't give a damn about them either.

3. Like me and several others, between the sound and the sucky setlist that seemed coming in after the 30 minute mark, a number of people cleared out after that.

Candlemass are one of the most non-boring doom bands ever. Loads of crossover and classic appeal, plus great live performers. Would be an asset to just about any festival lineup. That being said, I've seen em 3 times already and would prefer more bands I haven't already seen. I like the festival policy of booking like one or two doom-oriented bands per year to mix it up a bit. For dooms bands I'd like to see:

This. Especially now. Hell, I'll even say with Mats fronting them, you would even like them live Bob. Tons of energy now.

I like having 1 or 2 doom bands on the bill so I have time to go back to the hotel and take a dump.

That said I do like Candlemass. I just think that it doesn’t make sense to have them as a headliner, and it doesn’t make sense to have them and not have them be the headliner.

While I do find Candlemass to have tons of energy live and the ability to win over people, I also agree with this. This fest is geared more towards the traditional end of the spectrum and with so many possibilities in that genre, I don't think there's a need to bring in Candlemass.

Yeah if you don't think Nuc Assault sold tickets, you're mistaken. That said...

1. Like any other festival, the last band on the last day usually has a smaller turnout due to people being tired.

2. While people bought tickets just for them, there were also a number of people who didn't give a damn about them either.

3. Like me and several others, between the sound and the sucky setlist that seemed coming in after the 30 minute mark, a number of people cleared out after that.

Thanks Cap'n Obvious

Can we get back to talking about bands that actually have a chance at being part of Ragnarokkr? Like Heathen's Rage, for example:

Last edited by a moderator: