2023 Forum migration and upgrade complete.

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
The passion project known as Ultimate Metal has been migrated to a new server, upgraded to the newest software, and search has been restored to its former power and glory!

We'll be sharing all the new features, but I would have to say my favorite is... native GIF responses! When creating threads or replies, there's now a "GIF" button you can utilize, along with many other new features for posting.

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF
Old School Yes GIF
Happy Jim Carrey GIF

Nice work!

Would it be possible to have all https://ultimatemetal.com/forum/* links redirect to https://ultimatemetal.com/* links? A lot of existing links posted would still work if the /forum/ bit was automatically stripped out, such as the link in my signature for example.

The subforums are also a bit more hidden away now, which mostly doesn't matter, except for GMD Social Forum as it's one of the most active. Maybe it deserves to graduate.

I also miss seeing a bit more info about users (such as post count) under their avatars in threads but I'm sure things can be added back over time. And circular avatars are silly - especially if some metalheads use album art for their avatars. A bit of that corporate Facebook smell. 😁
(these are fixed now, cheers!)

Hell Yeah Yes GIF by IFHT Films

Last edited:
I thought the site crashed or had a back time travel :tickled:. Lots of old threads surfacing, color changes, etc.

Glad to know that is an ongoing overhaul, thanks for your effort \m/

Reactions: MetalAges
Maybe you mean that there are more threads listed per page, but they seem to be ordered as normal from where I'm sitting.

We could just do with a thick line to separate sticky threads from regular threads more clearly. (fixed!)
Yeah don't mind me. It was the initial shock :p

The bold effect on the titles of unread threads doesn't seem strong enough in the UM Light & UM Dark themes. It's hard to notice which threads are unread. If you switch to the UM Clean theme it's amazing to see how much more obvious they are there!

Reactions: SonOfNun