22 Acacia Avenue

I'll pass on this one.

I never could adequatly figure out how to play certain parts of this song (primarily riff at 1:34)..I would hate to butcher it....and I would hate to get frustrated cause I butchered it. :(

Originally posted by rabies
I'll pass on this one.

I never could adequatly figure out how to play certain parts of this song (primarily riff at 1:34)..I would hate to butcher it....and I would hate to get frustrated cause I butchered it. :(

Hey rabies did you try something like:

E-000---- 000------000---------000
A------5- 7------5----------5-7--------------7
D-----------------5-----------------------7- 5
G
B
E

or maybe

E-000---0----000-----000----0-----000
A-------5---7-------5---------5----7-------------7
D--------------------5------------------------7- 5
G
B
E

I think that riff is something like one of those.

ACK!

It took me a couple seconds to figure out you had the strings going backwards from standard tab! :lol:

I was thinking 'man! no wonder I couldn't figure it out..its drones on the high E string?!?'

I'll try this...now that I figured out what you mean. This may make sense. I was always trying to play this riff with my hand based at Fret 0-1..and trying to work magic there. Never thought to move it up to fret 5...

Hyde, you are the MAN!
This simplifies things greatly! Thanks for showing me something I have not been able to figure out for years!

There are still parts in the song that are tough to figure completely. Furthermore, did you notice that they keep changing this riff slightly throughout the song? Or am I going nuts? Its mostly how they handle that last 7-5-7 lick...it keeps coming in at different times.

Rabs, if you install Guitar Pro 3 I can send you a copy of a rather good transcription of this song. I learnt a lot of it a few months ago.. simply because its one of my all time fav maiden songs.. Its my fav live track. ITS TOPS :D

Send it my way crossy. I still have GP3 from way back when you originally showed it to me. For tabbing, I don't think it is as cool as P-tab, but it certainly has a bigger library of existing files.