244 Pmots

Jun 2, 2002
Chicago area
Visit site
I see alot of mixed fealings on Stomp 442, Either its you fav. or your least fav. John era Thrax, What is it about Stomp that so menny of yous dont like it as much as SOWN or v8? I Think its there Best Cd ever!!! But thats just me, Then SOWN Then V8:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :wave:

I'd have to say this, SOWN had a really great sound to it, as did the guitars. The record was very bright, same with V8.

I personly think V8 is their best record ever. The recording sounds awesome, and the songs as well as the variety was great. I love Stomp442 oh my god Random Acts..Nothing . . .Fuel and Drop the Ball. !! It rocks. . .but for the good songs that are on there I feel some of the songs where just not as good as other Anthrax music. . .Tester. .. um no. . . Riding Shotgun ..um no...
The other records had no weakness, compared to the Stomp record.

What is truely funny, that when it came out I thought it was the best they've done. . but they blew it away with V8

Just my feeling.
METAL

I think that Stomp is probably my 3rd favorite album of all-time. However, Volume 8 and SOWN and my top two favorite albums of all-time.

As you can see, it's not that I dislike Stomp, I love it, I just like the other two better. SOWN and Volume 8 grabbed me right from the beginning. When I first listened to Stomp, it sort of caught me off-guard, and the only track that really hit home at first was Tester. However, it got better and better with each listening. It might have been the lack of a consistent lead guitarist that made the album sound a bit disjointed when I first listened to it (even though I didn't get that same feeling with Volume 8). Also, for me, there are more songs on each of SOWN and Volume 8 that really stand out, where as there aren't as many on Stomp. It's still better than any Joey era album IMO (or anything released by anyone else in the 90's for that matter).

stomp is my fave,everything i really love bout the thrax is on that record that sits nicely next to among the living or persistence of time which are straight down the line metal records!!!
i think they went for too much diversity on volume 8???
although not a bush era album attack of the killer bees was a cool collection of stuff that shows a different side to them but on a full length album i want a metal record and i though it was best acheived on stomp,if sown had the same producion as stomp who knows how it coulda sounded.
i hated the production they got on sown album,anyone else think the sound sucked on sown???

fave bush era tracks would be random acts,fueled,in a zone,riding shot gun,kingsize!!!

Originally posted by dutchy
Buddy !!!!!!!!!!I agree with you on this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
only one thing..................no just kidding!!!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!!!!

All I have to say is WHY?, Why do you like fucking with me?.. Now all of you can see why I dont like this Cat.. All he dose is fuck with me, The thing of it is, is I can see he likes Anthrax, witch is a good thing, I would never in a million years think that me and a fellow Anthrax fan would not get along, but this guy has proven me wrong. I have never done any thing to this man, and like I have said b-4 all he dose is mock me, Dude I really do not have a prob. with you, but all this 3rd grade shit you are pulling is getting old, why cant you just get off my nuts?.. all I am trying to do on this bord is state my opinyon<--spell... and all you do is poke fun, or talk shit to me, why is this, I know all you are gunna do now is talk some lame ass shit about this post and end it with" And Remember Europe always leads the way" But just remember, I am a Anthrax fan, ANthrax is my life, all I want to do , and have been doing in my post , is share all the Anthrax related info I have. if you dont like it Fine, you dont have to be an ass about it, so Please just dont reply to my post.. Do you see mee replying to your NON ENGLISH hard to understand what you are talking about post???? NO, so please just leave me alone will you?.....later all..........

Buddy my man you have absolute no taste in humour, there isn't one word of dissing in my reply to youre last post!! I'm just tellin you that Stomp is also my #1 Trax album and throw in a little joke!!
What is wrong with some smart remarks and makin some fun on this board, life should be fun!!!!
So once again: Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by dutchy
Buddy my man you have absolute no taste in humour, there isn't one word of dissing in my reply to youre last post!! I'm just tellin you that Stomp is also my #1 Trax album and throw in a little joke!!
What is wrong with some smart remarks and makin some fun on this board, life should be fun!!!!
So once again: Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Europe always leads the way and the sense of humor !!!

Only Buddy must click here : http://home.wanadoo.nl/muires/

Stomp 442 is great. It sounds like a slick Pantera record. It should have been a gold record. "Fueled" and "Nothing" could have been AOR hits, and Anthrax should have opened for AC/DC that year. None of what happened changes the fact that that record is stellar metal.

not the last 1, but you are always talking shit about what I have to say, but if you are trying to make mends, I am all for it, We are all Anthrax fans here so lets get to STOMPING, and Dutchy, if you think that Stomp is there best cd, then me and you have more in common then we would think,Stomp is the shit, and IN A ZONE is the best anthrax song ever*....*What Dosent Die, not included......

NOT shit, just fun.
Maybe it's because of me being European and you American that you don't understand my kind of humor.
Like I said it before look at the fun side, don't read between the lines and think bad about every reply. When I wanna dis you I will use words as #@$@$ and $#%#% OK!!!
As long as theres no swearing it's a normal smartass reply from the DUTCH!!!!
So once again : Cheers Buddy!!!!