Bush era albums - which are "better" than others?

Phxthrax

Phoenician STOMP MONSTER!
Jul 15, 2002
In between
:Smokin: Since I'm now a Bush era Thrax fan, I need opinions on which albums are better than others? I have SOWN and the Killer A's video ( I know that doesn't really count, but I dig the Bush tunes on it ) so help me out here. Yeah I know "just go get them all!" is too quick a response so I figured I'd ask who likes what and why and give me some comparisons. Like is Stomp more in the vein of SOWN or Among? Is V8 more like...........that kinda stuff. Mosh on people!

:headbang::headbang:

I'd say, buy Volume 8. It is fanthraxtic. (okay, that was gay of me to say)

Volume 8, Sound Of White Noise, and ...that new one...W.C.F.Y.A. are my favorites. Some folks prefer Stomp 442, but I don't. It's good, not great.

if you can find vol 8...according to the board, its difficult to find. now me being the intelligent person that i am, i converted with sown and bought em all the day they came out.

the long and short: buy stomp for in a zone and american pompeii, vol 8 for harm's way and big fat. those are just some of the highlights. there is no comparing bush era to belladonna if that's how you want to judge. not that i'm biased or anythin, but joey was great for the band's first half. they ceased being thrash with POT. i figure that's about when the boys considered going in a different vocal area: they were changing, for the better, and maturing, if you will and bush was just the man for the job. I LOved joey-thrax, i love bush thrax more (in my world is just fugging amazing)......all in all, do as you will.

stomp has some of their crunchiest tunes (in a zone, tester, king size, riding shotgun)
vol 8 IMO has some of their best tunes (cruch, catharsis, 604, pieces(hidden tune))
SOWN is just class right through
WCFYA class nuff said

I don't know why everyone says Bush era stuff is hard to find. Honestly, it's very, very easy to find used copies of any of the three albums before WCfYA in used bins. I know some would rather buy new copies and financially support the band, but if you can't then why deprive yourself of the music? If you don't have a decent local used shop, go to Amazon.com. There are plenty.

As for which is "best," I find opinions differ on these far more than with most bands. I happen to like Vol 8, SOWN and Stomp 442 in that order.

personally for me:

sound of white noise
we've come for you all
stomp 442
volume 8:

now thats not saying volume 8 is a bad album co si absolutely love it, but when the standard of material is that high its tough to choose, so someones gotta lose, but its damn damn close, love em all.......

SOWN: Potters Field, Only and Room for One More.... 3 classic tracks to start an album!

My favorite Bush era album is SOWN although lately, while waiting for WCFYA I went back to V8 and I've rediscovered it sorta.... hell, they're all great albums!

V8 I can get a a used place called ZIA Records, I saw it last time I picked up a new Among CD. I see Stomp all the time so I wondered if it was a "bad" album or what, but thank you for the opinions!!!!

here ill throw somethin a little different out...
truthfully my favorite bushthrax album is Stomp442

the others (V8, SoWN, and WCFYA) are in a super close tie for 2nd.... but ive taken more of a liken to V8

Volume 8, definitely. It has many excellent tracks, such as inside out, toast to the extras - not a bad track on the album and it has more tracks than any of the others. We've come for you all is very good too though, and a close second.

I'm going to be contraversial now, and say that I think Anthrax are a lot better with John Bush, none of the earlier albums - although good - stand up to the last four. :headbang: