Rate Bush era Thrax albums

johnnieCzech said:
Sorry to say it, but probably in your dreams.
I heard it live btw, kicked ass!

Last time they were here pre-reunion Mr Wu had mentioned they had been playing it, so I mailed to say how much I was looking forward to hearing it, and guess what.....they didnt play it!!!!!!!!!

123_Repeater said:
Last time they were here pre-reunion Mr Wu had mentioned they had been playing it, so I mailed to say how much I was looking forward to hearing it, and guess what.....they didnt play it!!!!!!!!!

Lesson learned: Don´t mail about it :lol:
That´s a fucking cool sig you have!:headbang:

johnnieCzech said:
Lesson learned: Don´t mail about it :lol:
That´s a fucking cool sig you have!:headbang:

Yeah well I'd better not mail him about changing the singer and lead guitarist back then.... :lol:

Fuck! People are a little to harsh with Stomp. It is the weekest of the bush era albums, but still better than all the Joey albums with the exception of POT. POT just kicks ass!

walking dead 666 said:
Fuck! People are a little to harsh with Stomp. It is the weekest of the bush era albums, but still better than all the Joey albums with the exception of POT. POT just kicks ass!
I agree people are harsh with S442 but it' NOT better than all of Joey's stuff - sorry I'm old - I'll add people five too much praise to SOWN because they band got better after that IMHO.

ps. I'd kill to see Catharsis live. :hotjump: :headbang: :kickass:

pss. I'm a fucked up old schooler since the A&D EP days..

I'm gonna do the whole run...

Fistful of Metal: 6.5 (Decent, but rather generic sounding IMO, as most debuts are)
Armed & Dangerous: 7 (Killer shit, but points lost for being too short! :D )
Spreading The Disease: 9 (Love almost every song!)
Among The Living: 10 (Best Joey album, even though some of these tracks are WAY overplayed!)
I'm The Man: 7 (The live tracks rule, but did we need a censored ITM?)
State of Euphoria: 8 (Great tracks, but shitty production. Also some of the stupidest pics of 'thrax in the booklet that I've ever seen!)
Persistence of Time: 9 (Great album that shows alot of growth & maturity!)
Attack of The Killer B's: 8 (Cool shit, but nothing worth hearing live)
Sound of White Noise: 10 (There are NO bad songs on this record!)
Live, The Island Years: 5.5 (The WSOU tracks are good, but the Irvine Meadows songs are terrible production-wise, IMO)
Stomp 442: 8.5 (When I first heard the record in 96, I would have rated it a 2, but it really grew on me. I listen to it all the time now!)
Vol. 8 - The Threat Is Real!: 9 (Another one that grew on me. Alot of these songs [Catharsis, Pieces & P&V come to mind] helped me out in a really rough period of my life)
We've Come For You All: 9.5 (Almost no bad songs! Just a bad choice for the opening single...)
Music of Mass Destruction: 7 (Better production than LTIY, and I do like how John sings the classics, but I just never really dug live albums...)
Greater of Two Evils: 8 (Fun idea. Loved the John versions, but still more fun to hear the originals)

DarbysDad said:
I agree people are harsh with S442 but it' NOT better than all of Joey's stuff - sorry I'm old - I'll add people five too much praise to SOWN because they band got better after that IMHO.

ps. I'd kill to see Catharsis live. :hotjump: :headbang: :kickass:

pss. I'm a fucked up old schooler since the A&D EP days..

BUt you rae right as hell that vol 8 ISN"T better than the old stuff, in fact they are on different scales....