3/18, Poughkeepsie at the Loft

Got my day off from work. Anyone else going?
This show should be held at the Chance Theater, which is part of the Chance/Loft/Crannell St. complex. Into Eternity played there before with Hate Eternal/Goatwhore/Dying Fetus. The Theater holds 800-1,000 (with a balcony) while the Loft holds maybe 200 at the most. Unfortunately, Mr. Crowes Garden (The Black Crows preparing to reunite) will be playing the Chance at $30 a ticket on the same night. Still, the owner has been moving metal shows up to the Loft even when nothing's going on at the Chance, including Overkill who were slated to play the theater. Looks like all metal shows will be at the Loft from now on. It's a decision that's going to affect the live metal scene around here since the Chance was the one place major metal bands played around here and unsigned bands got to play in front of significant audiences on a large stage. Hope this doesn't mean larger tours will start skipping the Poughkeepsie area.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing the boys again and sharing a beer.

I'll be at the Hate Eternal show in June with Into Eternity on the bill. Better bill really. Yes, it sucks that metal has been getting screwed over in Pough'town during the last few years. My freinds in Cold War Survivor opened for the Amorphis gig 3/18 at The Loft. I hope good metal tours still come thorugh Poughkeepsie, NY, it would SUCK if it didn't.