Poughkeepsie NY

MFTE Cam

Nov 12, 2005
on the road again...
www.mftezine.net
I'm working around Poughkeepsie, Orange & Rockland areas of New York till March or April (then head back to Mass), so I'm looking for info on good venues that book metal bands, be it local or national or international. I know about Chance Theater in Poughkeepsie, but I haven't a clue what type of acts they book.

I'd like to try and catch a show in NYC just so I can say I've had that experience, but that'll literally be down the road a bit.

Help point me towards the good stuff in the area!

Thanks in advance.

-Cam

The Chance is going to be your main place. There's also the Hudson Civic Center & The Loft (a really small place that's a part of The Chance). I saw Evanescence at The Loft way back when and Doro is playing there in June.
You're also not too far from Albany, NYC, New Haven, or Hartford so you can have a look at venues in those places if you're willing to travel. Northern Lights & Revolution Hall are the main Albany clubs, Webster Theater is the best place in Hartford, and Toad's Place in New Haven.

Step Up Presents is a good website to check out for Albany shows. They're a fairly big promotion that often has a lot of good metal shows (such as Green Carnation). They're also great because you can always pick up tickets at the Borders by me w/o paying ticketbastard fees.

The Chance is going to be your main place. There's also the Hudson Civic Center & The Loft (a really small place that's a part of The Chance). I saw Evanescence at The Loft way back when and Doro is playing there in June.
You're also not too far from Albany, NYC, New Haven, or Hartford so you can have a look at venues in those places if you're willing to travel. Northern Lights & Revolution Hall are the main Albany clubs, Webster Theater is the best place in Hartford, and Toad's Place in New Haven.

Step Up Presents is a good website to check out for Albany shows. They're a fairly big promotion that often has a lot of good metal shows (such as Green Carnation). They're also great because you can always pick up tickets at the Borders by me w/o paying ticketbastard fees.

Revolution Hall is a really awesome venue! That one's up in Troy, a little outside of Albany. The only other venue I'd been to up there was Saratoga Winners which I believe closed down some time ago. Either way, come down to NYC...its where all us cool people go :)

I saw Metal Church will be at the Chance on Jan 20 but I didn't see anything about Overkill being on the bill. Definitely going to see the Church boys.

-Cam
My bad - looks like they are only doing SOME of the dates with Metal Church
January 2007

1-19Hubba's House of RockAurora, CO 1-20ShowboxSeattle, WA 1-21Whiskey-A-Go-GoWest Hollywood, CA 1-23The Lucky Dog Worcester, MA 1-24Mark's Showplace Bedford, NH 1-25Webster TheaterHartford, CT 1-26JaxxSpringfield, VA Friday Show1-27JaxxSpringfield, VA Saturday Show 1-28BB King's New York City, NY