Finally Soilwork gets on a tour package that's worth seeing!

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
Swedish metallers SOILWORK will return to the U.S./Canada in early 2009 for a massive headlining tour with support from DARKANE, WARBRINGER and SWALLOW THE SUN. Confirmed dates are as follows:

Jan 30 - Rochester, NY - Penny Arcade
Jan. 31 - Detroit, MI – Harpo's
Feb. 02 - Nashville, TN - The Muse
Feb. 03 - Jacksonville, FL - Jack Rabbits
Feb. 04 - St Petersburg, FL - The Garage
Feb. 05 - Ft Lauderdale, FL - Culture Room
Feb. 06 - Orlando, FL - The Backbooth
Feb. 07 - Atlanta, GA - Masquerade
Feb. 08 - Charleston, SC - Music Farm
Feb. 09 - Charlotte, NC - Amos Southend
Feb. 10 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
Feb. 11 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
Feb. 12 - Worcester, MASS - Palladium
Feb. 13 - Poughkeepsie, NY - Chance Theater
Feb. 14 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock
Feb. 15 – New York, NY - Highline Ballroom
Feb. 16 - Montreal, QC - FouFounes
Feb. 17 - Toronto, ON - Opera House
Feb. 18 - Pittsburgh, PA - Rex Theater
Feb. 19 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Feb. 20 - Sauget, IL – Pop's
Feb. 21 - Mokena, IL - Pearl Room
Feb. 22 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
Feb. 23 - St Paul, MN - Station 4
Feb. 24 - Winnipeg, MB - Royal Albert Arms
Feb. 25 - Regina, SK - The Riddell at University of Regina
Feb. 26 - Calgary, AB - Warehouse
Feb. 27 - Edmonton, AB - Starlite Room
Feb. 28 - Prince George, BC - Sound Entertainment Center
Mar. 01 - Vancouver, BC - Plaza Club
Mar. 02 - Victoria, BC - Sugar
Mar. 03 - Seattle, WA - El Corazon
Mar. 04 - Portland, OR - Hawthorne Theater
Mar. 05 – San Francisco, Ca - Slim's
Mar. 06 - Bakersfield, CA - The Dome
Mar. 07 - San Marcos, CA - Jumping Turtle
Mar. 08 - Los Angeles, CA - Key Club
Mar. 10 - Farmington, NM - Gator’s
Mar. 11 - Denver, CO - Bluebird Theater
Mar. 12 - Kansas City, MO - Beaumont Club
Mar. 13 - Ok City, OK - Diamond Ballroom
Mar. 14 - San Antonio, TX - Scout Bar
Mar. 15 – Ft. Worth, TX - Lola’s
Mar. 16 - Houston, TX - Scout Bar
Mar. 18 - Louisville, KY - Uncle Peasants
Mar. 19 - Raiegh, NC - Volume 11
Mar. 20 - Jacksonsvile, NC - Hooligans Music Hall
Mar. 21 - Asheville, NC - Orange Peel
Mar. 22 - Baltimore, MD - Sonar

Even though Soilwork is a fragment of its former self, with departures of Peter Wichers and Ola Frenning, I've heard that they still put on a great show, and the touring package is great, not a bad band on the list. I can't wait to see Swallow the Sun, as I missed them on their awesome package with Katatonia (which never came Southward in the US). So finally Soilwork decided not to tour with crap metalcore bands like Throwdown and Killswitch and get a good package...VERY EXCITED!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

While I am not too much into them anymore, SOILWORK do put on a decent show, even at Ozzfest a couple years back.

I would be interested in seeing Warbringer and Swallow the Sun too.

Good mix of bands / genres....

even though I am not a fan of most of those bands....I am glad to see solid touring packages like this. I love when they mix genres....it makes it for a fun night of different styles. Warbringer are great live too.

looks interesting enough. I may have to check this out. Darkane especially piqued my interest when they were announced for Chicago Powerfest this past year. And I've always heard good things about Soilwork.

The others I'll have to research.

I'll go for Warbringer alone. Excellent band indeed. Soilwork is not quite my cup of tea, but I always end up having pints with the Swedish bands that play locally so I'll probably hang around. Go see Warbringer though. Awesome stuff.

Feb 12th, I'm absolutely there.

Well. Look at that.

I know that bands don't always have much say in their touring buddies, but I'd like to mention that I pitched the idea of a Soilwork/Darkane tour to Speed when I saw Soilwork last March.

johan, you listen to Atrophy?(old thrasers)
Yes I do listen to Atrophy, and you are correct sir. Warbringer does have a tendency to sound VERY Atrophy like at times. However, the more I listen to Warbringer the more I find nuances in their music that differ from Atrophy. But, yes you do indeed have a point.

I can't stand Soilwork (worst band in metal IMO) but Darkane, Warbringer, and Swallow the Sun will get me there.

As far as Soilwork themselves go, I haven't noticed any extreme habit of touring with metalcore bands. Sure they did that tour with Throwdown, but I saw Soilwork headline in 2005 with Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic, a very solid northern death metal package. I don't remember what lineup they did after that but before the Throwdown one.

I can't stand Soilwork (worst band in metal IMO) but Darkane, Warbringer, and Swallow the Sun will get me there.

As far as Soilwork themselves go, I haven't noticed any extreme habit of touring with metalcore bands. Sure they did that tour with Throwdown, but I saw Soilwork headline in 2005 with Dark Tranquillity, Hypocrisy, and Mnemic, a very solid northern death metal package. I don't remember what lineup they did after that but before the Throwdown one.

They did one tour in 06 with, I think, Mnemic and Darkest Hour, but then they did an arena tour last year with DevilDriver, Killswitch Engage, and Lamb of God.

I will be there for Soilwork for sure, and Darkane was with soilwork when they played with fear factory, strapping young lad, and that was a great show, other than fear factory dissapointing the crap outta me(vocal wise). I would of loved to have seen mnemic, hypocrisy, and DT with them. At least Soilwork is headlinging, if not I would of been majorly pissed. Swallow the Sun was just eh to me when i saw them with katatonia, don't like what I have heard from warbringer, and darkane just has never really done much for me, but they have gotten better over the years though, so I see them eventually peaking my interest.

I'll go for Warbringer alone. Excellent band indeed. Soilwork is not quite my cup of tea, but I always end up having pints with the Swedish bands that play locally so I'll probably hang around. Go see Warbringer though. Awesome stuff.

I'm in with you. I think Warbringer is great and sounds like they could've fit in with the thrash scene back in the day. Soilwork has disappointed me since Natural Born Chaos, but I still dig them. I don't know much about the other bands. The Garage is so small though, and on a Wednesday. UGH.

I love Warbringer but truthfully I have never actually heard a Soilwork album all the way through

I can't get into Swallow the Sun.....and I don't recall ever listening to Darkane (maybe once)

I'll check out Soilwork and Darkane and maybe I'll go.