3 Inches of Blood

I enjoy their latest. I did not like them at first then it finally clicked. It reminds me of priest meets maiden.

Jean... in order to be metalcore you have to have hardcore riffs and breakdowns. The band has neither, just the 'metal'.

They don't sound like classic Metal. They sound like what would happen if As I Lay Crying In The Corner tried to play like Rvnning Wild and got the most monotonous halford imitator on the planet on second vocal. I bought their stupid album, and listened to it repeatedly: it just gets worse and worse.

Phrozenspite said:
Basically what hes trying to say is they're a bunch of core scenesters making fun of classic metal

Not at all. I'm saying that they sound weak, whiffleballed, and stupid. They're gay like Hammerfall but for completely different reasons.

Jean-Pierre said:
Not at all. I'm saying that they sound weak, whiffleballed, and stupid. They're gay like Hammerfall but for completely different reasons.

I always thought there was only one reason for being gay and that was liking the cock.

<emo teen angst> 3 Inches of Blood are GAY man. They're such faggots! They're gay because they weren't around during the early 80s paving the way for the bands you shitheads listen to. Listen to real music. </emo teen angst>

The thing that pisses me off about 3 inches is the fact that of all the bands out of the endless sea of power metal bands, they got signed. You think to yourself why did this happen? Maybe because they are bunch of scene kids. What gets me is that all these scene kids listen to the stuff because its other scene kids playing it but they don't usually listen to other power metal. It's shear posery. The same with Black Dahlia Murder. There are alot of melo-death bands out their but what separated them from the flock for alot of people was the fact that they are scene kids who really like melodic death metal. Now given I like both bands. I think they tend to be over rated.

genocide roach said:
switch halford imitatator with king diamond and youre close hahaha
~gR~

Have you ever even heard Halford on Painkiller? That's EXACTLY what he's trying to sound like.

King Diamond? Are you fucking dumb? King Diamond uses completely clean falsetto, nothing like what this clown does.

MetalHeadMarc said:
The thing that pisses me off about 3 inches is the fact that of all the bands out of the endless sea of power metal bands, they got signed. You think to yourself why did this happen? Maybe because they are bunch of scene kids. What gets me is that all these scene kids listen to the stuff because its other scene kids playing it but they don't usually listen to other power metal. It's shear posery. The same with Black Dahlia Murder. There are alot of melo-death bands out their but what separated them from the flock for alot of people was the fact that they are scene kids who really like melodic death metal. Now given I like both bands. I think they tend to be over rated.

I agree, it's fucking rediculous that bands like 3 Inches of Blood and The Black Dahlia Murder get all this attention because of the scenes these days. BUT, may I remind you that the main singer and one of the guitarists came from a black metal band called Allfather, the drummer came from the sludge metal band Goatsblood, and the other guitarist came from The Almighty Punchdrunk (featuring Gene Hoglan on drums). Not the most scene of backgrounds if i may say so. Every time I see them live a good 40% of the crowd is middle aged husbands and wives wearing iron maiden and priest shirts. But they must be gay cuz Jean says so ;)

The singer sounds nothing like King Diamond, he resembles a shitty Halford. I can't find any simularities between the singer and KD.