3421 GOTE sold...what about europe?

freakbrother6969

Senior Pothead
Feb 22, 2003
Rudolfshome Fivehouse - Vienna
Visit site
Sadly I just read at Blabberf*ck the following:

ANTHRAX's brand new album, "The Greater of Two Evils", has sold 3,421 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Well, we all know how bad Sanctuary promotes Anthrax in the US. It would be interesring to know how much they sold in europe and australia, asia, etc.

The Promotion in Europe wasn't really bad. (Ads in Metal-magazines, online-ads, reviews, etc.) But for the metal-hype that we have here in europe at the moment, it could've been a bit more.

I'm sick of reading metallica cover stories every month. :yuk:

1 million copies.
It came out in Europe on the 29th. Australia next week. No figures yet.
Guess who is on the cover of Metal Hammer Germany next issue?

Mr. Wu said:
1 million copies.
It came out in Europe on the 29th. Australia next week. No figures yet.
Guess who is on the cover of Metal Hammer Germany next issue?
29th? Ah, that's why Nuclear Blast hasn't delivered yet (their homepage still says 22nd)
I'm optimistic, that GOTE will sell much better here in europe
(and I hope 300 000 Americans wake up and buy it at last :headbang: )

Guess who's buying the next Metal Hammer?
(can't wait!)

Egggggsellent Wu!!!

They're telling us down here in Oz it should be in either today or tomorrow. It's available already for some reason only in Melbourne, but JBs (the chain store) say Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane etc it should be out 'in a day or 2'.

freakbrother6969 said:
ANTHRAX's brand new album, "The Greater of Two Evils", has sold 3,421 copies in the United States in its first week of release, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
I'm betting Sanctuary-cocksucking-fucksticks only sent out about 4,000 copies.
So 3,421 sold ain't bad.

thats not bad considering wcfya sold 9000 in its first week,hopefully anthrax can get on a half decent tour and can shift many more thousand over the next few months.

i would love to know how many copies they sell in australia but i have no way of finding out,maybe the band would know?

i trust my local coconuts, i have a friend thats in charge of ordering the metal stuff, i talked him into getting ten copies of TGOTE, i bought the first one, at 4:45 pm, sad isint it.

johnnieCzech said:
It´s not that much for the US I´m afraid...
i know, isnt that fucking ridiculous?! they sell a mil overseas, but cant even manage 5k over here?

i fucking hate the US music scene. blame clear channel and all these other media conglomerates that control who plays where.

blame sanctuary also :yuk:
sure, they push all their other rap artists and shit like that, but anthrax gets the shitter.

Try Tower Records, they usually have a decent stash of thrax at the one I buy at(it's in Lakewood, CA). They sometimes don't have all the singles like TTMB but I ordered that from their web site. They also get their fair share old metal and punk in the store too.

It's already done over 10,000 in Japan and that record buying market is 1/10 the size of the US.
I think we sold more in just Germany the first 2 days than the whole US first week.
The difference between a working and non working company is very obvious.

Ulster Mosher said:
A million copies in Europe is pretty fucking good.
You don’t really believe, they sold a million copies in 3 days? That would mean, every 377 european bought it. I think, Mr. Wu just made an ironic joke.

If this (1 million) would be true, they’d be #1 in the charts in Europe and Anthrax would surely move to europe and would never care again about the sellings in the us.

Don’t get me wrong, it would be great to see Anthrax on the top, but.....they have no titts like Britney

I have a dream.....:headbang: