ANTHRAX Drummer: 'The Core Of This Band Will Blow It Up Once Again' - Jan. 31, 2007

If Joey didn't want to be in the band and go out on tour then he didn't want to do it. What can the rest of the band do?
I see it this way: The Core of the Band™ was going to milk the Reunion Tour until the end of time, without making a new album.
Joey thought that something is wrong with that.

To Joey: :worship:

To John: :kickass:

To The Core of the Band™: :rolleyes:

To Anthrax: :erk:

Scott makes a statement and says Joey DIDN'T want to move forward. Charlie makes a statement that says he spent a lot of time trying to make things work. So they both basically said Joey is the problem (I don't even think Spitz counts). But right away a bunch of idiots start attacking Charlie and Scott again. They read into whatever THEY want. To all the people saying they're leaving and not coming back, good riddance.
Scott, Charlie, keep flying the flag. Horns up!

Agreed. Spitz and Frank are the members who have voiced in the past they're not too thrilled with Anthrax, so I sincerly doubt Charlie or Scott are doing something bad here.

Agreed. Spitz and Frank are the members who have voiced in the past they're not too thrilled with Anthrax, so I sincerly doubt Charlie or Scott are doing something bad here.

Wait, so if everybody isn't thrilled with working with Scott and Charlie, that meant they are the good guys?

Charlie needs to shut the fuck up and just play drums. Scott needs to take control of the music and they need to come to terms with Joey and get it over with. I hear through the grapevine that joey and spitz wanted equal money but never got close to it..

Charlie needs to shut the fuck up and just play drums. Scott needs to take control of the music and they need to come to terms with Joey and get it over with. I hear through the grapevine that joey and spitz wanted equal money but never got close to it..

Do you mean Joe + Dan wanted the same amount as money as the 'core' or they wanted the same amount as each other? Either way i think thats fair, especially if their not really involved in the writing process, just throw money at them to keep them happy right?

Charlie said some people still had the same issues as back then. Maybe it means that Joey still has some kind of drinking problem? Just a thought...

origionally i was pretty pissed when john was out. iyt changes the sound of the music and i liked the sound with john. now if thrax had put out an actual album with joey and i liked it i would have bought it and jammed to it. whatever though.

and the CDC pisses me off. i will never join it. it feels like a slap in the face when i've spent my anthrax fandom days handing out stickers and flyers at shows and stores and playing my fave songs for anyone i can. paid membership fanclubs are an insulting concept to me.
i truly mean no offense to anyone who has joined the cdc or any other band fan club.
but i've got more important things to worry about. like cartoon terrorists in boston.
-Jono-

You people are insane. You bitch when Scott and Charlie choose not to say anything. Knowing that their silence was probably do to them not wanting to say anything prematurely. Knowing they had to negotiate shit out. And what is the point of making an announcment that will become null and void in a week? THEN - Scott and Charlie DO say something, they DO give you an annoucment and you all still bitch about it! What on Earth do you want from them? You complain no matter what they do! Just shut up, wait for new music, and stop calling yourself a fan if all you do is bitch about the band you are a "fan" of.

I keep seeing people say "on the Megadeth site...." How are you gonna compare Anthrax's situation to Megadeth's? Dave Mustaine IS Megadeth, always was. HE controls who stays and who goes. And HE is the singer. Dave can grab any 3 guys from the street and play Megadeth music. Scott and Charlie do not have that luxury because 1. Neither of them are the Singer and 2. They CARE about who they play with and don't want a line up change on every record.

I am not dissing Megadeth, I love Megadeth, my point is Anthrax is in a BIND and their situation can not easily be compared to many others. Wheather or not being in said bind is their fault or not, don't go comparing them to Megadeth and for gods sake stop bitching about EVERY move they make!

Now it's just a flip flop of how things were last year. Now all the Belladonna fans are whining instead of the Bush fans. I will tell you something, I wish they had stayed with Bush - not just because I am a Bush fan, but because that would have meant PROGRESSING FORWARD instead of creating a divide between their fans, and all this "are they ever gonna say something, GOD!" to "OMGZ they just said something, how lame!" crap never would have happened.

Ok, my daily rant is over. :Smokin:

I'm the one who compared them the site to Megadeth. I stand by it, Charlie and Scott could update more. Mustaine has posted stuff and then gone another direction.