ANTHRAX's 'Classic' Lineup Reunion Generates Little Retail Heat

tomass74 said:
They really haven't had much promotion and they are all just rehashed releases.. I have the DVD and love it so far but they should make a kick ass album and have someone really back them up on it... They obviously aren't ever gonna be what they were but they can make a good run at it...

I agree. Imo if Anthrax makes a killer thrash influenced album, they'll re-gain some fans and respect in the underground. Things'll never be like they were in 87-91 though. Thinking so is foolish imo. Hell the last Megadeth album, didn't even sell 100 000 copies in the US! The glory days are LONG gone, and they ain't coming back! To quote Guitar World magazine: "Unless you're Eric Clapton or you're already dead, you don't get a second chance at stardom." A pretty true statement imo!

prime666 said:
I could care less about everything else but alive 2.. I to have been promoting that record at music shops and comic book stores, metal bars and clubs.. The remasters wont sell well because anybody can remaster on there home pc these days.... But alive 2 is well worth the purchase.. Except for the lack of The dimebag/ pantera tribute and the cut of Lone Justice. Alive 2 is great, fantastic, stupendous and even amazing. Hell ive already had sex to it twice while it was playing in the background... Granted she was a bit big but its all good in my book. Fat girls need love to ya know...

we love 604!!!!!!

spacebeer said:
Why would someone buy a best of album with songs that everybody already has....I think they should release new material!

Because these comp CD's are relatively cheap to put out and when you buy it you help the band stay on the scene in hopes of making some money and being able to afford to make new material. Yes this deal comes down to money but not in the greedy sense that maney have claimed. Money to continue. Compare it to keeping an old car on the road. There comes a point that no matter how much you love the car it just isnt reasonable in the fiscal sense.

LuvataciousSkull said:
Now, about marketing for the CD:

NO ONE can say that the label didn't try to promote this. I worked my ass in Philly to get the word out about this release since I was on the Street Team. Hell, I even played both CD's entirely on my radio show to give people a listen! The label tried, the fans tried, and the first week wasn't too good.
I agree with Larry.

I know the street teamers are pimping these releases. And I've seen ads in a few magazines. Maybe we need more people like Larry playing Anthrax on the radio!!!

spacebeer said:
Why would someone buy a best of album with songs that everybody already has....I think they should release new material!
Becaaaaaauuuuse......
THEY SOUND 10 TIMES BETTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I have EVERY Anthrax release. I have 2 versions of Volume 8, Stomp 442, GOTE, and SOWN.
AND I bought ALL FUCKING FOUR of the new CDs/DVDs. I'm an ANTHRAX fan. I don't discriminate against singers nor guitar players. If it's ANTHRAX, I'll support it because I know that I'll NEVER be disappointed.

Join the fucking street team!! FOLLOW ME OR DIE.

stop downloading and buy. want to collect anthrax, do it properly. $34.95 AUD for 30 remastered songs. DO THE MATH!! :D

ThraxDude said:
I agree with Larry.

I know the street teamers are pimping these releases. And I've seen ads in a few magazines. Maybe we need more people like Larry playing Anthrax on the radio!!!

Thanks, Tad! I actually had people who never heard Anthrax before tune in and enjoy it!

But I'm sure sales are going to start to pick up soon. Think of all the free press Blabbermouth gave Anthrax with the 5+ stories they had on the band. ;)

And here's a review I found for the album (4 stars out of 5):

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1282&dept_id=553365&newsid=15265326&PAG=461&rfi=9

I think the reunion has been a success regardless of cd sales. Anthrax have been ripping it up all over the world playing to full venues and at festivals that they havent played for fucking ages.
To expect the sales of no hit wonders to be good is a joke, as greatest hits are infact a joke.
As soon as the dvds come out in australia i will be buying my copies :headbang:

reidie said:
I think the reunion has been a success regardless of cd sales. Anthrax have been ripping it up all over the world playing to full venues and at festivals that they havent played for fucking ages.
To expect the sales of no hit wonders to be good is a joke, as greatest hits are infact a joke.
As soon as the dvds come out in australia i will be buying my copies :headbang:

Yes, the tour is just a begining of the "restart", the true test is when a new record is released. Will the return of the old Thrax make old-schoolers and new fans head to the stores or will it land at BushthraX levels?