4th of July fun!

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
My friend has 2 black powder cannons. These things are great! They're pretty much harmless and 100% legal. It's basically a steel shaft on a heavy steel base with a tiny hole at the bottom for a fuse. You basically just dump some black powder in the bottom, and then stuff a bunch of paper towels on top of it. Pound it down with a hammer and light the fuse. Huge loud boom, and then paper towel snowfall, haha. The two videos below I took with my digital camera, so they're not the best quality out there, but you'll get the idea.

The first video is just my friend being nagged by his wife and then explaining how he sets up the cannon.
The second video is the cannon going off. You can hear a bunch of little bottle rocket 'bangs' going off as the fuse of the cannon is burning. Then the cannon blows off and it's so loud and powerful that you can see the video shake. When it went off, the ground shook and jerked the camera around in my hand. After the boom you can see the paper towels falling. This thing pisses the neighbors off, even on the 4th of July!

1st vid
2nd vid

I think these vids are around 6mb each.