4th of July weekend pictures

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I found a cool new place today I've never been to that is a primo picture taking discovery! Unfortunately I timed my route to end at work to watch the downtown fireworks, so it was already starting to get dark when I began taking pictures. The place is called Seward Park and it's awesome. It's like a tiny little peninsula jetting out into Lake Washington. There's a bike path all the way around it on the outside and the rest is mainly forest with tons of crazy trails. I'm definitely going back there tomorrow when there's plenty of light to take pictures in the woods.

sewardpark01.jpg

sewardpark02.jpg

sewardpark03.jpg

sewardpark04.jpg

sewardpark05.jpg

I couldn't get enough of this awesome sunset.

sewardpark06.jpg

sewardpark07.jpg

Sometimes I bust out my little attachable zoom lens. I'm really glad I had it with me this time.

sewardpark08.jpg

sewardpark09.jpg

sewardpark10.jpg

sewardpark11.jpg

You can see downtown Seattle in these ones. That's right where I was headed after I left Seward Park, but this is when I decided to take one of the trails through the woods back to my car. It was a lot darker in there and by then there were fireworks blowing off everywhere. It was pretty epic to be walking through the forest in the dark hearing explosions going off all around. I didn't even bother with pictures in there.

However, I made it to my work in time to see the big firework shows downtown.

fireworks01.jpg

fireworks02.jpg

Fireworks are really hard to take pictures of with a cheap camera. These few were the best I could do.

fireworks03.jpg

fireworks04.jpg

If it's nice enough outside tomorrow I'll go back and take pics in the woods and post them here.

beautiul the black swan's...and is it really a poisoned oak? we dont have that kind of warning here...seattle is wonderfol, remember me all these beautiful days spent in canada...and it is so different from italy