5/14/03 Message from James

ms. anthrope

back off, mofo...
Feb 12, 2002
s.f. bay area
www.msanthrope.com
HI Everyone,

I just want to let everyone know that I received some really great news last week from my Ophthalmologist. Since my surgery my vision has been steadily improving and late last week my doctor officially pronounced my vision as "legal to drive" again. This is a very big announcement because when I first saw this same eye doctor over a year ago he told me that I would not see much improvement in my vision, and would never be able to drive again.

Needless to say we are all very happy, including my doctor who couldn't wipe the smile off of his face.... apparently it is very rare for the optic nerve to recover so well from serious damage of the type which mine was believed to have sustained from the tumor's pressure. I no longer have 20/20 vision.... but there has been a big improvement!

Anyway, i won't be running the roads anytime soon since I will now have to take care of old citations; $1100 worth from when i was driving with the effects of the tumor in full swing while still living in Oakland, CA back in 1999 and 2000. Yes, I could barely see, and my memory was not working very well, but I was driving around endangering myself and others thanks to the tumor. needless to say OPD and SFPD didn't take kindly to my erratic swerving around the Bay Area roads and highways. I don't remember much about all of it, but the citations are on the records, and must be dealt with before I will be able to secure a Florida Driver's License.

After I find some way to handle those fines I will then be faced with figuring out how to save for a car, but those issues aside, i am very happy and excited to know that I will be able to drive again!

Musically speaking, i am in the process of a collaboration with Deron Miller of CKY, Brett Hoffman (ex-Malevolent Creation), and Dave Culross (ex- Malevolent Creation, Suffocation) which will take the form of a Death tribute album. This project was Deron's idea that he came up with as a way to help me with my medical expenses. The Schuldiner family has kindly given their blessings to this project and for that i am eternally grateful.

We plan to have quite a few other preeminent guests from bands you may well know and love (not telling yet...). We have chosen the core band for the tribute and selected the tracks (so please don't bomb me with lists of requests! LOL!!) and now we are seeking a label. Anyone living in the S.F. Bay Area should be sure to check out Deron's band CKY as they open the show for Metallica on May 18th at the Fillmore auditorium!!

I want to touch on the subject of Disincarnate briefly. I am still writing material, though at a slow-ish pace. I have had so many other things going on that I don't want to force the writing during whatever free time I could squeeze together and end up robbing myself, Nuclear Blast, and all of you who have been so patiently waiting, of the quality we are all expecting from a new Disincarnate album. So, I am focusing on the Death Tribute to guarantee that it will be great, and a few small production jobs which I must do to pull my weight in helping make ends meet and keep me in the producing game. This way I will have the time to focus fully on the new Disincarnate CD with few distractions. I want to make sure that it has the best chance possible to come out with the brutal, crushing songs and sound that I am envisioning for it.

I am writing new Disincarnate riffs nearly every time I pick up my guitar, so as soon as I complete this other work I will have a big head start

Just to tie over those of you who are anxiously awaiting the new Disincarnate CD, and who have been searching long and hard for copies of the first album, RoadRunner Records Japan has recently re-released "Dreams Of The Carrion Kind", and it has been re-mastered!! The new mastering gives the disc a great deal more power and clarity than the original release had. And, coming up, RoadRunner U.S. will also re-release "Dreams..." with the new mastering and extra liner notes.... and, if possible, the original demo tracks that got us signed to the label back in 1992!!

Finally, please check out the auction links below. There are once again some cool items up for grabs from my good friend Doug Harper, who holds these auctions to help me with my bills and expenses. This time the list includes one of those cool Japanese "Dreams of the Carrion Kind" re-issues I mentioned earlier. (NOTE: The auction links are in a separate post dated 5/14/03 as well. - Ms. A)

Thanks for your time, and if you can squeeze an extra minute, revisit my website and check out the new graphic design that is in progress (thanks to my hardworking webmaster, Ms. Anthrope), and sign the guest book, or participate in a thread on my Official Forum courtesy of Ultimate Metal.

Thanks!!

~James Murphy

Official Site: http://www.msanthrope.com/jamesmurphy/
Official UM Forum: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=145

P.S.... A couple months ago I completed work mixing and mastering the debut CD of Single Bullet Theory for Crash Music Inc. The album, titled "Route 666", has just been released so check it out if you get a chance.

That's great to here he's able to see enough to drive. In this day and age, a car is an important thing to have, and it's great that he's able to drive one(well, physically able to).

But is there a date on the US re-release of Dreams?

Great news James!

That Death Tribute sounds really awesome, I hope it turns out as good as it, erm, sounds! Please post more info about it as soon as you know.

James Murphy said:
I am writing new Disincarnate riffs nearly every time I pick up my guitar, so as soon as I complete this other work I will have a big head start

Dude, you should pick up your guitar as often as you can!!!

//LD