5 Octave Sweeps

Thrash_Maniak

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2007
www.myspace.com
Hey First thread. Alright. I had a question about the 5 octave Sweeps that Chris did for the GW "betcha can't play this" that never got published. For the very last sweep on the G-B-E strings for the C major and B Major I'm having a lot of trouble coming back with that one sweep. I cant quite get my Ring and Middle finger to fall on top of Each other coming back. I've tried using my ring finger on B first then my middle on the G string. then I tried a little using my Ring on the B then Middle on G and its just a really hard position to grab like that. I was just wondering in anyone had any suggestions on maybe how to make that last sweep coming back a little easier.

Thanks
Chet

Reactions: progmetaldan
noone can... because it´s not a sweep. it´s tapping! nahaha.. i did try out this lick, but on my 7 string guitar it´s no fun to play ANYTHING! have to wait until my new one is ready. a fine hand made Mayones Regius 7 string is beeing built at the moment.. then i really will focus on many 7 string things!

Hey First thread. Alright. I had a question about the 5 octave Sweeps that Chris did for the GW "betcha can't play this" that never got published. For the very last sweep on the G-B-E strings for the C major and B Major I'm having a lot of trouble coming back with that one sweep. I cant quite get my Ring and Middle finger to fall on top of Each other coming back. I've tried using my ring finger on B first then my middle on the G string. then I tried a little using my Ring on the B then Middle on G and its just a really hard position to grab like that. I was just wondering in anyone had any suggestions on maybe how to make that last sweep coming back a little easier.

Thanks
Chet

Hey Thrash Maniak,

I use a two handed technique to do these Arps but I'm sure you could do them as sweeps but they would sound completely different. The tabs are posted here in this forum:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/chris-broderick/247510-betcha-cant-play.html?highlight=5+octave

Just remember to keep your eye on which hand is playing the arp.

Chris.