5 string Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass!!!

Wow, the price over here is pretty reasonable (333€ for the five string).
I wonder how they sound like in comparison to the Fender Jazz Bass Standard series from Mexico? Anyone ever did a direct comparison?
Talking about the four strings, obviously. I could get a four AND a five string Squier for the price of one Fender :lol:

My mates got a Fender Mexican Jazz, and I've recorded the Squier VM Jazz. No comparison imo, the Squier is much better imo. Could be down to less powerful pickups in the Fender maybe, as it just doesn't seem to have the same beef and aggression of the Squier.

My mates got a Fender Mexican Jazz, and I've recorded the Squier VM Jazz. No comparison imo, the Squier is much better imo. Could be down to less powerful pickups in the Fender maybe, as it just doesn't seem to have the same beef and aggression of the Squier.

Seriously? The Squier VM Jazz bass is better than the actual Fender Jazz bass?

DO-WANT.jpg