5 Things You Do in Every Mix. Pensado inspired

Short Answer: It Emulates Classic Consoles known for making hit records. It is trying to recreate the magic those consoles have. Judging by this thread it works well. I have RC Tube only, and don't use it too much. I might have to try it again.

1. VCC channel on tracks VCC bus on Bus and Mixbus. I prefer gentle settings and 8x oversampling.
2. Distressor on vocals, bass and drums
3. Equality for subtractive eq
4. Waves API and SLL
5. Valhalla Reverbs

1. Satson on every channel
2. Stillwell Rocket compressor for everything
3. Parallel comp on drum shells
4. Throw a lot of delay/reverb on vox, usually with NastyDLA combine with bricasti impulse
5. Mix into the glue comp with gentle compression

The most annoying to see in my mix is my eq on guitar bus, usually use 2 fab filter pro Q with full band of cuts and boost lol

Pensado is amazing... he's like that old analog guy who doesn't even know how to use a computer properly but uses all the best gear and gets great results. :D

Here's mine:
1. Volume balance is EVERYTHING and most important so I do it as accurately as possible.
2. CLA-76 on as many things as possible: kick, snare, vocals with over-compression (~15dB GR :D) if it doesn't work then API-2500 never let me down.
3. FabFilter Pro-Q on almost everything
4. Decapitator and NLS on everything. :D
5. Master chain: FabFilter Pro-Q midside EQ, SSLComp, API-2500, Ozone or FG-X and a noise gate. :)

Short Answer: It Emulates Classic Consoles known for making hit records. It is trying to recreate the magic those consoles have. Judging by this thread it works well. I have RC Tube only, and don't use it too much. I might have to try it again.

This is what I still don't get, "trying to recreate the sound of the old consoles", I can't find any diffirence in all the A/B clips I've heard, I'm probably deaf. What should I listen to? Pumping?, Low/high end? Saturation? I know that one instance in the master channel is supposed to "glue the mix better" but I thought every mix already sounds well glued with enough instruments put together and decent mixing skills :confused:

Now back on topic I don't even have 5 things you I do every lol, only two: kefir for my impulses in every guitar channel since I stopped micing, eQuality in every channel except the master channel. When it's time for making the mix loud I always turn the loudness maximizer on of Ozone 4 in the master channel.

^Dude, it's recreating analog MAGIC! Unless you've got magical abilities too you can't hear it. :D

But really, I think it mostly adds some subtle saturation. It can be nice to have but certainly not ground-breaking or necessary.