5 Things You Do in Every Mix. Pensado inspired

1. Parallel compress the kick to duck the bass (unless it's super fast double bass)
2. Vocal Bus send smashing the ever living this out of it and blending
3. Hating my mixes
4. Mixing into my master
5. Trying to find where my snare drum has gone

Oh where oh where has my snare drum gone XD :loco:

Joke List:

1. Spend too much time re-editing/fixing terribly edited files.
2. Spend too much time obsessing over drum sample choices, only to pick the same samples every time.
3. Dial in wicked drum mix in solo, decide to just stop there and add no more instruments cause it all goes to shit.
4. Tell myself I'm going to automate the hell out of the track. Get lazy and just compress everything till it's a block.
5. Finish mix, check ref mix, kill myself.

Real List:

1. Vcc on every audio track, and 2 VCCs on my masterbuss.
2. Setup the same template for all my groups and fx. Rarely changes too much from these starting points.
3. Almost always process almost every track with decapitator.
4. Automate quite a bit. Ride the crashes up, hats and rides up/down, kicks up, tom fills up, rooms up, bass up and down, vocals I get lazy and use vocal rider...fx up and down and all over the place.
5. Finish mix check ref mix, kill myself.

Joke List:

1. Spend too much time re-editing/fixing terribly edited files.
2. Spend too much time obsessing over drum sample choices, only to pick the same samples every time.
3. Dial in wicked drum mix in solo, decide to just stop there and add no more instruments cause it all goes to shit.
4. Tell myself I'm going to automate the hell out of the track. Get lazy and just compress everything till it's a block.
5. Finish mix, check ref mix, kill myself.

Real List:

1. Vcc on every audio track, and 2 VCCs on my masterbuss.
2. Setup the same template for all my groups and fx. Rarely changes too much from these starting points.
3. Almost always process almost every track with decapitator.
4. Automate quite a bit. Ride the crashes up, hats and rides up/down, kicks up, tom fills up, rooms up, bass up and down, vocals I get lazy and use vocal rider...fx up and down and all over the place.
5. Finish mix check ref mix, kill myself.

haha! This is hilarious. I used to do the same with decapitator, it sounds ridiculously good in the primary stages of the mix, but the overall harmonic content that just implodes from it just becomes too much to bear.

"2. Spend too much time obsessing over drum sample choices, only to pick the same samples every time. " This might be on your joke list but it does happen to me on a daily basis lol

36369257.jpg

-Analog summing on my Audient
-Hardware Bus Compressor (GSSL or Audient depending on...don't know...my mood?) on 2 Bus
-Use Massey DRT to sample augment Kik and Snare
-D-Verb on Drums, TL Space with Lexicon 300 Impulses on everything else that needs verb
-1/4 note delay on Vocs and Leads

LOL at the joke list of C_F_H_13...at least two things on there I do in EVERY Mix....

1. HP everything except for bass and kick
2. use stock Pro Tools EQ and compressor
3. stereo imager on OH bus
4. stereo imager on guitar bus
5. reference mix to Andy or Jens mixes, question my life decisions...

*I don't own VCC, but after this thread i can feel this state won't last much longer

Satson on every channel
Tape saturation on all busses
Bootsy's Rescue on drum bus, usually Acoustic Drums II preset because I'm lazy
Parallel comp on kick and snare
Bricasti IRs for vocal and drum verb

Of course, my absolute all around thing I do in every mix is WAY TOO MUCH. After being a bedroom/hobbyist AE for nearly 6 years I still want to over process everything. Drives me nuts.

1. VCC everywhere
2. Set up a reverb, long delay, and short delay for vocals
3. Waves REQ for filters and notching out bad frequencies
4. Attempt to mix drums without using samples, get frustrated with the drummer's inability to hit consistently, triggers everything, lies to the drummer about how awesome he is.
5. Tries to do something different each mix, usually clears out every plugin but VCC and starts fresh using more familiar methods.

1.Put VCC on each channel
2. Put VCC on master out
3. Put VCC on my pet cat
4. Put VCC on my balls
5.Kill Myself and put a VCC on my grave