50 Greatest Frontmen in Metal...right!

Beesson6606

In the Twilight World
Dec 26, 2007
Texas, United States
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/THE-50-GREATEST-METAL-FRONTMEN-OF-ALL-TIME-19861.aspx

:yuk:

This is a list compiled by the people at Roadrunner Records trying to pay tribute to those great men who fronted many of our favorite bands throughout the years. As soon as I saw this list, I expected something that should have been very obvious. I was shocked, after reading through the entirety of the list that who I was expecting to top the list was not present at all. Why doesn't everyone read through it and decide who I'm talking about.

Heh... What does Angus Young do in the "50 greatest frontmen in metal" list... or Axl Rose... Alexi Laiho may be quick with his fingers but the fastest guitarist usually isn't the best guitarist... and his singing really sucks.

And where is Dan Swanö :cry: :)

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/news/THE-50-GREATEST-METAL-FRONTMEN-OF-ALL-TIME-19861.aspx

:yuk:

This is a list compiled by the people at Roadrunner Records trying to pay tribute to those great men who fronted many of our favorite bands throughout the years. As soon as I saw this list, I expected something that should have been very obvious. I was shocked, after reading through the entirety of the list that who I was expecting to top the list was not present at all. Why doesn't everyone read through it and decide who I'm talking about.

Who are you talking about?

Did everyone notice in the description they said they EXCLUDED anyone signed to roadrunner records to preserve integrity? So if your hero isn't there, maybe he's signed with RoadRunner. But anyhow, unless the answer to the OP's question is DAN SWANO then I have no idea. Hehe.

Dan rarely tours and he can't sustain his harsh vocals live. As awesome as I think he is, are you really surprised that he isn't included on the list?

Yea i think it's ridiculous to include Dan in this or feel that he belongs in it. If it were top 50 metal recording artists then he'd belong, but he barely ever performs live.

Well, the actual list itself is trash, so I don't suppose Dan belongs on it anyways. However, what about when he was with Edge of Sanity? Also, his current work with Nightingale. He fronted Edge of Sanity and FRONTS Nightingale now. Perhaps those two examples aren't enough to make him one of the top 50 frontmen in metal, but when you couple them with all the work he's done for other bands and all his other side projects, it just seems like it should be obvious.

Well... Dead is on it, and he hasn't really done anything since he's.. well, dead. Swanö has probably done more live shows with Edge of Sanity and Nightingale than Dead did with Mayhem.

I think that list is more based on objective sales and overall popularity than something as subjective as quality.

Did anyone here see Dan fronting EoS? I've just seen the video from that gig in Denmark 91 I think. Would be interesting if anyone would have any live experiences with Edge of Sanity to share.

that's just.. odd.
I'll make my own list to better things up (judging from live performances I've been to)

1. Dave Grohl. I'm not a huge fan of his music, yet I've seen the Foo Fighters live three times, (they have visited Sweden 3 times i the 21st century so far :p ) and he's not metal no.

2. Mikael Åkerfeldt of Opeth. no reason needed for that statement.

3. Adam from KSE

4. Josh Homme of QOTSA

Hetfield would end up last on my list. he's just ran out of imagination.

What the heck is that crap? Half of those people are in metal bands, Rob Zombie, Marilyn manson, What the HECK?!

The Roadrunner must be stupid or something, jesus. What happened to all the oldschool classics, Marilyn manson is on, but not Dave mustaine?