5150 bias mod

I see no reason to mod my 6505+ because I love the way it sounds and I wouldn't change a thing about it. But I am curious to hear why somebody would bother modding one of these amps that sound amazing out of the box.

Some people feel that the amp isn't dynamic enough, and has very sterile cleans.

While I would agree with the latter, who the fuck buys this amp for cleans?

The hotter bias just warms the cleans up and makes it a bit more dynamic.

DSS3 said:
Some people feel that the amp isn't dynamic enough, and has very sterile cleans.

You got the point! It's not that dynamic this amp, the lead channel it's really compressed maybe due to the cross over distortion. I love the tone of this monster but you know: more dynamics the better it is.
I really don't care about the clean channel, to me sound good enough, ok is not the best clean channel. Having the shared eq section, the clean doesn't sound so good with mid on 2 or 0 (that's what I set for distorted sounds) it sounds dark, but on 3/4 it's good, very fat, maybe a little bit brighter would have been better.
I do this mod so I can plug every 6l6 tube I want, not just peavey ones, and to set the bias in the proper way.

Maurizio