5150 CLEAN chan clips

thefyn

Jun 3, 2006
Sounds nice.

I'm also searching for a real clean sound :heh:
Just turn down the volume right now, 'cause I'm using the clean channel for distortion.

Has anyone tried the InFlames Style, using a Pod as a second preamp for clean?

Cheers

Why do they always say that the 5150 has no clean chanel? That sounds very clean to me! ;)

Do you know if In Flames play the Pod through the 5150 or directly to the PA? (I guess the second...)

poidaobi said:
Because it doesnt! Rhythm and Lead! :loco: Where "clean" tones are achieved by running low gain on Rhythm channel! :erk:

Lol...It s pretty harsh without fx. On an amp forum everyone was suggesting all of these fancy $3000 amps for a dude who wanted awesome gain and pristine cleans.

I just told him get a beat up 5150, and a Jazz Chorus and switch em. Best of both worlds.

thefyn said:
Lol...It s pretty harsh without fx. On an amp forum everyone was suggesting all of these fancy $3000 amps for a dude who wanted awesome gain and pristine cleans.

I just told him get a beat up 5150, and a Jazz Chorus and switch em. Best of both worlds.
Haha :heh:

I use an old Korg A3 preamp for cleans and unusual shit on my live rig, it complements great with the tone of the 5150' power amp.

I'd kill for a Bogner though.