5150 or ENGL? (or Blackstar HT-5, Egnater Tweaker, or Orange Tiny Terror?)

Nah dude most people use the TS as a filter, taking out bass and highs.

I have a little beef with the marketing behind the Blackstar, but you know what, if it sounds good to you, all the better. I have quite a few SS amps I rate very highly (GK 250RL, Crate Powerblock) and at least another two I'd love to own (VH140C, Jazz Chorus), and really how you feel about it is all that matters in the end, congrats and HNAD.

Ok... so, long story short, I got the Blackstar HT-5H, didn't like it much afterall, and sent it back for a refund.

So, back to the drawing board....

So far I have an offer to get a 6505+ for $600, or a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier 100w for $750!! (btw, the Mesa is a one-owner amp purchased in 2006 but has been gigged extensively and has definitely seen a TON of use. Not sure about the history of the 6505 tho.)

Not sure which one I should go for... I hear good and bad things about both. I think I will just get an attenuator for whichever one I end up getting to push the tubes at a bedroom level... so now I just need to decide between the 6505+ and the Dual Recto. Not sure tho.

The idea of a real metal oriented 6505 crisp amp is great, but the idea of not having a good clean channel is blah for me. However, the Dual I've heard is really fizzy, but is sort of the almost-best of both worlds with a good clean channel and decent high gain.

But the idea of getting a Dual for $750 is blowing my mind right now. :D