5150 settings

TomiR

Lord Ejaculation
Jun 25, 2006
Finland
Well, it seems that a lot of you guys have 5150's in here, so I thought it would be a cool idea to share some settings for others to try out. And sound clips would be cool too, if you have some.

Here's my settings for my Ibanez RG1527 seven string with Dimarzio Evo7 in the bridge.

Lead channel on my 6505:
Pre gain 3,5
Low: 8
Mid: 4
High: 6
Post gain: a bit over 2
Resonance: 6
Presence: 6

I use a Boss SD-1 to tighten up the tone with settings:
Level: all way up
Tone: at 3 o'clock
Drive: 0

I don't have good soundclips yet, but I'll ry to get some done during the weekend.

So, now it's your turn!! :kickass:

varies from time to time and from club to club, plus it depends on whether i'm shooting for a modern metal tone or a more classic marshall style crunch.
my main rhythm tone is something along the lines of these settings, though:

guitar: either a EMG loaded jackson or a dimarzio tonezone loaded dean into the high input of a block letter 5150

rhythm (crunch) gain slightly past noon
lead gain around 10:30
bass 2:00 ish
mids anywhere from 10:00 to 3:00, depending on my mood, mostly around noon
treble noonish
volumes also around noon
resonance around 2:00
presence off or 9:00 max

also, i use the sd-1 with the tone at noon, level cranked, and gain barely on

hey guys, could i ask how you find the super distortion? I take it you may have weighed it up against tube screamers also perhaps- so why this pedal? OR have you got the TS808 mod done on it lol

I actually started with his on my old one and tweaked until I liked it, which was at about 6/4/6 on the b/m/t, respectively.

Got my new one in, put it at those... tweaked to taste, and ended up back at Andy's. Weird shit!

i use the green channel (rhythm) with b/m/t all at about 2 o clock, sligthly less on the treble though, resonance at 3 o clock and prescence at 1 o clock

i use the ts with
drive 9
tone 11
balance 12

like every one else
lol