5150 Troubles

LuketheDuke

Storm Trooper
Sep 19, 2011
Zanesville, OH
My beloved 5150II has been giving me a ton of problems, many of which even the local amp tech guru could not fix, so I am left with only a few options. The clean channel works just fine, but the channel selector does not work, so the rhythm and lead channels do not work, among other problems like low volume and increased hum. I am extremely low on cash, so I can't just pick up a replacement 6505 or something (even though I would love to). I don't know whether I should attempt to send it to Peavey to get it looked over and/or fixed, or try to sell it as is, or what.

Any suggestions????

Bit weird. How good is your tech? The guy down here seems to be able to fix EVERYTHING. I'd send it to peavey though. As far as i am aware, they don't rape you on price or anything. It will just cost a lot to get it there.

The tech around here is damn good. He's been working on amplifiers/guitars/pa equipment since the late 70's. But I think it was more a time and frustration issue lol. He said every time he would fix one thing, something else would quit working.

Apart from shipping, how much do you figure it would cost for Peavey to fix it up?

Call Peavey, they have the best customer service I have ever experienced. So much so, I keep their number in my phone for ordering parts etc... They also respond to emails super fast. I fucking love Peavey.
Peavey Customer Service
877-732-8391

repair [at] peavey.com

Generally, before sending something off to be fixed, I check all over the internet looking for others with the same problem to see if it's a common/known issue or not. You can learn lot this way.

http://www.google.com/search?q=5150...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a