5th Anniversary issue comments.....

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
I've spent approximately 1 minute scanning through my issue, before getting back to hanging drywall. I am stunned at one thing...... Kayo Dot lands the #8 spot for the best of 2003, and Katatonia/Viva Emptiness gets the #1 spot for disappointment of the year?!

wow.o_O

Looking forward to digging into this thing!

jageorge72 said:
I've spent approximately 1 minute scanning through my issue, before getting back to hanging drywall. I am stunned at one thing...... Kayo Dot lands the #8 spot for the best of 2003, and Katatonia/Viva Emptiness gets the #1 spot for disappointment of the year?!

wow.o_O

Looking forward to digging into this thing!

Well, mileage is certainly going to vary on that Kayo Dot for sure, but Katatonia has always been able to tug nasty, icky, strong emotions out of me (but in a good way, in that 'we feel it too' way)... and this one was just... dead to me.

For me, the disappointment was Nevermore's album. - By the way, it's nice to find your mag in the mail after coming home on such a fucked up day at University like this...:Spin:

Occam's Razor said:
For me, the disappointment was Nevermore's album. - By the way, it's nice to find your mag in the mail after coming home on such a fucked up day at University like this...:Spin:

Everyone's telling me how cool it is to find it in their mailbox...

Shit, I should wait four months between EVERY issue if this is how it is going to be.

... or not. :)

I’ve finally finished reading the latest issue back and forth and back and... – again I’ve come to the thought that your writing is very good and should be a mandatory read for everybody who is a serious music-listener – no bullshit. itshould be compiled and kept as a yearbook or so for future generations to look up what the state of affairs was in Metal back then in this “magnificent” decade (if the last was the 90s, what’s this – the zeroes?)…

Apart from that - in case “The August Engine” is really about this whole getting-into-Metal thing, Jon Cobbett should get exposure on the title page of every glossy mag (like the Edguy singer on the last German Rock Hard - finally, he’s grown himself a little beard!) or Iced Earth with their “Glorious Boredom”.

And then this crap list – I almost died laughing. By the way: is this really the cover for your next issue on the website?

Last thing: you’re the first person I know who is aware of the Death Organ stuff with Per Wilberg – do you actually know both albums? – I could only get hand on “9 to 5” so far…

Occam's Razor said:
And then this crap list – I almost died laughing. By the way: is this really the cover for your next issue on the website?

Last thing: you’re the first person I know who is aware of the Death Organ stuff with Per Wilberg – do you actually know both albums? – I could only get hand on “9 to 5” so far…

I just thought that idea for the next issue would be funny. There's no great graphic design for the covers anyway, right?

Universal Stripsearch is available here: http://synphonic.8m.com/ I've ordered from them before and have had no problems.