6 Layer of guitars, doom/sludge content!

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Heyah!

I just finished recording my grindband again, and this is the doomy intro i wrote for it, drums are real, guitars are 6 layers of guitars spread over 3 amps all miced with 3 mics, Tbone Rb100 for lows, Sm57 for bite, and md421 for mids (thanks for loaning funky animal!)

bass is a quicky for the mix, coron 15 distortion + ODb3 + sansamp into ampeg svx svt4 setting.

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/DrDoom - Intro of doom.mp3

Lets hear some feedback :)

l_240714264fb00a2f170072de01f2b450.jpg

l_9f05fb8d366a4bf900e1b65bd2fba282.jpg

Great stuff! There's a lot of power in those guitars. Bass is a bit too high in the mix, maybe, but otherwise sounds pretty nice. Might be my ears but I think the mix could be a tad brighter and less muddy but it sounds pretty good the way it is.

Thanks man!

yeah, bass is actually clipping somewhat as i just listened back on smaller speakers.. or cpu couldn't take it anymore.. hear some crackling anyway..!

The guitarplayer thought it was to clear and wanted it dirtier actually hahaha

Btw: LSD studio, your inbox is full man!

There is some crackle at 0:52.

I think drums could be a bit louder as well. Otherwise, again good job!

Hey, got a link for that ribbon mic? I can't find much about it on the web.

Where in Holland are you? I have a friend in Nijmegen.

-Joe

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw7_artikel-107913.html

I'm very curious about the ribbon mic as well.. it's pretty cheap..
do you use it a lot seizure?

and does anybody know what a ribbon mic precisely does? I'm not sure, does it pick up sound from in front and from behind it? like a condensator mic? or like a dynamic mic? and are ribbon mics cool to use as room mics?

I'm from holland as well, near rotterdam! and also a proud brunetti user :kickass:

cheers for the tones, very heavy!

Yo joe! i'm from up north Friesland :)

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw7_artikel-107913.html

I'm very curious about the ribbon mic as well.. it's pretty cheap..
do you use it a lot seizure?

and does anybody know what a ribbon mic precisely does? I'm not sure, does it pick up sound from in front and from behind it? like a condensator mic? or like a dynamic mic? and are ribbon mics cool to use as room mics?

I'm from holland as well, near rotterdam! and also a proud brunetti user :kickass:

cheers for the tones, very heavy!

Its realy cheap and reaaly cool, in combination with a sm57 it can give you awesome results, it may not be to every body's liking but if your in search of the sounds of people like steve albini or Kurt ballou its worth a try, like i said, it gives the sound some more texture and you won't sound like the 100th metalproduction/guitarsound with only one sm57 on a cab (allthough that works awesome too anyhow..)

A ribbon mic is figure of 8 so it picks up sound from the from and the back, which makes it realy nice for roommics aswell, its pretty dark i must add, i thought my rb100 was broken the first moment i got it.. but thats just the nature of the mic and it's also realy useable if you have something brittle/high sounding, the ribbon will smooth out those his wonderfully before you will even hit the preamp.

Anyway.. i love it.. if used it nonstop lately and i highly recomend you guys one, you don't have to leave for the money anyway haha

And brunetti is fucking awesome you play an 059?

CHEERS!

JB

awesome! have you ever used the studio projects b1? because I really like that one as well! i'd like to a/b those two; gonna get myself the rb100 pretty soon than :D

I play a Brunetti Xl-R-Evo-II, pretty damn powerful machines.. hehe :kickass:

Angrrrrry tone!

Sounds great dude, loud as fook as well... with a tone like this, and riffs like that, this is just asking for a neurosis sort of project.

Awesome, thanks a lot man...I'm gonna look into that mic.

which speakers in that Marshall cab? Vintage 30s or g12t75s?

Also, which mic preamps were used?? Sorry for so many questions but I'm really diggin the sound!

-Joe